Maybe a deeper belly on the blade, or shorter "handle" portion of the "L"s, but that was the kind of thing I was thinking, and I like it--not sure about anyone else, of course :P

How about this all?

Luther_Leather_Logo_hk_copy.jpg

post-5617-1244818214_thumb.jpg

How about this all?

I thought your first logo was cool, but just make sure one thing Eric. That YOU are happy with it. I also agree with way of thinking regarding the "business" part and what it has to do with your logo. I do not have a "traditional" stamp either and that is cool because I think it represents me and my work.

my .02 cents.

By the way all, Brenda is busy expecting another grand child and fixing up the babies room, so she wanted me to relay her her appreciation for all of your positive comments about her work. She also says if anyone here that has purchased a stamp and it is not right or to your liking, please give her a chance to fix the issue to attempt to make the customer happy!

Eric,

Trust your instincts, your first logo is the one! I got the sword hilt and handle right off. Phallic? maybe, but what could be more phallic than a sword.

If they don't get it, you have your name underneath to explain it to the dullards....

David

What about putting the hilt/handle at the top of the L's, then let the bottom be the point on a broadsword? It sort of looks like one, and might take away the phallic appearance- just a thought,

Chuck

Why would you say that? no business at all???

Its 2 letter L's back to back for luther leather forming a sword hilt, if people don't give me any business based on my logo and not my work I'm probably better off without their business

ok I didnt intend for my logo to look phallic so heres a redo I changed the end not to look like a round knife, does anyone thinks this is any better or is it still offensive?

sheesh maybe I should just scrap the whole idea and do a flaming swivel knife lol

Luther_Leather_Logo.jpg

Sorry about that- I meant more of a cross type handle at the top,

Chuck

What about putting the hilt/handle at the top of the L's, then let the bottom be the point on a broadsword? It sort of looks like one, and might take away the phallic appearance- just a thought,

Chuck

Its 2 letter L's back to back for luther leather forming a sword hilt, if people don't give me any business based on my logo and not my work I'm probably better off without their business

ok I didnt intend for my logo to look phallic so heres a redo I changed the end not to look like a round knife, does anyone thinks this is any better or is it still offensive?

sheesh maybe I should just scrap the whole idea and do a flaming swivel knife lol

Luther_Leather_Logo.jpg

I like this second attempt better than the first. Only thing I may recommend is make the two small bumps towards the top a little more pronounced as they may dissapear if this gets printed smaller. The refinements you have after this one start to lose the letters and may as well be a silhouette of a head knife. I don't think I'd worry about having the logo "say" leather. You're playing off your initials and sometimes that's good enough... in my humble opinion of course.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AndyL1

I like this second attempt better than the first. Only thing I may recommend is make the two small bumps towards the top a little more pronounced as they may dissapear if this gets printed smaller. The refinements you have after this one start to lose the letters and may as well be a silhouette of a head knife. I don't think I'd worry about having the logo "say" leather. You're playing off your initials and sometimes that's good enough... in my humble opinion of course.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Andy, I really dig your work man!

hey thanks dude! Try posting your logo up on this forum:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/index.php?

Get some outside feedback on it too. I get good response from those guys over there from time to time.

-Andy

Eric, I got the stamp I ordered from Brenda, this morning and here is a pic to show you the quality of her work.stamp_1_.jpg

stamp_1_.jpg

post-6578-1244844758_thumb.jpg

It is 1 3/8" wide and about 7/8" high, I am more than happy with it!!

I know I am late getting into this conversation, but I am a little more into "Branding," which is what makes a company unique. I think the mirror image of the L is a great idea...and it just happens to work well as a sword hilt as well. You want something that the customer is going to "remember" you by.....think the restaurant with the big golden arches.....and you have a winner.

I think the first one is the bomb. I got the sword hilt thing right away. Pendragon-ish? I agree with David, follow your instincts.

Luther_Leather_Logo.jpg

Here is my take on it...................I just had to respond. "Stick with what you know", Don't change it......... if thats what you want go for it. If it reminds them of anything at all, at least they will remember it! And thats good business in my book. thumbsup.gif