Sign in to follow this  
GypsyWind

Fancy Gypsy Hip Belt

Iv been making several differnt style hip belts over the last few months,

but this is by far the fanciest that I have made yet,

all the metal pieces came off of a old belly dancing belt that I found wraped around a buddah's head in my friends back yard a few years ago. I loved how the metal looked so antique, so I saved it for something like this =)

The last few hip belts that I made, I fealt that the pockets were too bulky at the sides, so this one has two medium sized pockets on the back two segments, makes it so that the elbows do not hit the pockets when walking.

The two back pockets both close with magnetic clasps scraped from an itialian purse.

The front two segmants each have a small pocket with a snap closure. on the left side there is a business card/credit card pocket, and a industrial ring to attach keys,lights, etc

on the Right side there is a lighter holder with snap closure and a leather loop for attaching whatever you can think of....

I hand stiched all the pockets with wax thread and what I think someone told me is "train stitching", but I could be mistaken on that.

All the edges have been singed to curl outwards and darkened some.

would apreciate any feedback on this,

as it is my first of this style =)

CRW_0882.jpg

CRW_0885.jpg

CRW_0884.jpg

CRW_0886.jpg

CRW_0899.jpg

CRW_0900.jpg

CRW_0903.jpg

post-7808-1249804487_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804499_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804509_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804517_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804523_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804529_thumb.jpg

post-7808-1249804536_thumb.jpg

Nicely done, I think it looks really cool.

That's definitely pretty cool :) What kind of leather did you use?

Iv been making several differnt style hip belts over the last few months,

but this is by far the fanciest that I have made yet,

all the metal pieces came off of a old belly dancing belt that I found wraped around a buddah's head in my friends back yard a few years ago. I loved how the metal looked so antique, so I saved it for something like this =)

The last few hip belts that I made, I fealt that the pockets were too bulky at the sides, so this one has two medium sized pockets on the back two segments, makes it so that the elbows do not hit the pockets when walking.

The two back pockets both close with magnetic clasps scraped from an itialian purse.

The front two segmants each have a small pocket with a snap closure. on the left side there is a business card/credit card pocket, and a industrial ring to attach keys,lights, etc

on the Right side there is a lighter holder with snap closure and a leather loop for attaching whatever you can think of....

I hand stiched all the pockets with wax thread and what I think someone told me is "train stitching", but I could be mistaken on that.

All the edges have been singed to curl outwards and darkened some.

would apreciate any feedback on this,

as it is my first of this style =)

Very nice! Is that an Epi-Pen?

Tony.

That's definitely pretty cool :) What kind of leather did you use?

I thought it was a textured cowhide,

but several people have stoped me and told me that it is buffelo? i dont know if they were joking or no tho lol

Very nice! Is that an Epi-Pen?

Tony.

no its actually not an epi-pen Tony,

I didnt know what one was, so I just went to look it up,

but that would be a great idea for someone who needs them, being able to cary them really acessable right on there belt

:You_Rock_Emoticon:  Very cool idea for a belt.  The leather is probably cowhide embossed to resemble buffalo hide. It all rather depends on how much you paid for the leather and where you purchased it. If you got it for a reasonable price like in a Tandy shop it would probably be embossed. The real deal would be a bit more pricey. For a first attempt I think you did a super job. It gives off a fun feeling!

Edited by Storm

That belt is sweet looking!!

Love the metal parts that blends in well with the textured cowhide/buffalo.

Haven't seen this type of leather here in Sweden so I envy you guys that can have it (buffalo or fake).

Tom

look cool, is it unconfortable sitting in a chair (I mean the bulkiest pieces being in the back)?

The belt is ingenious; and well done...

But for some obscure reason, it makes you look like a girl... :thumbsup:

.....RVM45 :red_bandana:

The belt is ingenious; and well done...

But for some obscure reason, it makes you look like a girl... :thumbsup:

.....RVM45 :red_bandana:

hahaha!

thoes are my girlfriends hips in thoes photos ;)

that could be a big part of feminin look

look cool, is it unconfortable sitting in a chair (I mean the bulkiest pieces being in the back)?

I just went and put it on and tried sitting in varrious chairs around the house,

Its actually not too bad, it doesnt seam to uncomfertable to me at least =)

So where did you get that nice textured brown leather on that Fantastic lookin belt?

pretty cool work.. very creative and kinda a cool punk looking thing. Where did you get the idea for it, I have never seen anything like it.