Sign in to follow this  
Drac

a little sumpin for Dragoncon

made this as a bribe... er, special gift for a reporter that's gonna be at Dragoncon again this year. hoping she'll at least mention me in the mag. :P lemme know what ya think, anything I should have/could have done, etc. airbrushed the usmc black, painted on the dye for the dragon and the lettering, used gel metallic pens for the sword and lightning and used mahogany antique. sealed with supersheen through an airbrush. stitched on a tippman boss.

sun_paddle.jpg

post-5673-1250387578_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! Since you've asked, the thing I notice most is that it's off center.

dagnabbit! you're right. off center by exactly an 1/8". that's gonna bug me now, but I ain't gonna redo it! ack! *L* that's what I get for eyeballing it instead of measuring, I suppose.

I think it is a beautiful bribe piece!!! if you want me to get picky...you have a halo effect going on...after beveling, try smoothing the halo away with a modeling tool, it will make the carving stand out more...having said that, if the bribe doesnt work you can always send it to australia...lol

Edited by leatheroo

Sorry Drac...I almost always eyeball things too. Sometimes I don't notice it's off 'til the whole piece is done. Then it drives me batty.

Looks great Drac!

I plan on going one day this year so I'll look you up.

Art

made this as a bribe... er, special gift for a reporter that's gonna be at Dragoncon again this year. hoping she'll at least mention me in the mag. :P lemme know what ya think, anything I should have/could have done, etc. airbrushed the usmc black, painted on the dye for the dragon and the lettering, used gel metallic pens for the sword and lightning and used mahogany antique. sealed with supersheen through an airbrush. stitched on a tippman boss.

sun_paddle.jpg

it looks fantastic!!

leatheroo

yeah, I went over it with a modeling tool afterwards, but obviously me leather wasn't damp enough to hold the smoothing and I didn't notice until I'd already started dying it the next day. and I think it'd be a liiiittle difficult to explain away why ya have this kind of piece around your house! *L*

rose

yep, and it's not like we don't already have enough things to drive us batty, right?

art

groovy! I'll be in the back right area of the dealers room. loking forward to ya swinging by!

darkdreams

danke! hey, when you gonna set up at Dragoncon? peeps would totally dig your armor and I'm pretty sure it'd be the best there.

Edited by Drac

Love it drac. The detail is awesome. I always eyeball stuff but then again I don't care if it's off center much. Not yet at least.