8thsinner

Creating a website

I found this free template and I would like peoples opinion of the general look and layout.

I really like the buttons and layout myself but would change the colours to green instead of blue

Heres the link

http://www.zeroweb.org/vd/3394

I found this free template and I would like peoples opinion of the general look and layout.

I really like the buttons and layout myself but would change the colours to green instead of blue

Heres the link

http://www.zeroweb.org/vd/3394

What sort of content are you planning to offer from this site?

Kate

Depends on what you are going to have on the site. I personally think it looks like a video game site.

Well it's gonna be a ME site really, with lots of content for sale too, whole thing will be very random

I was introduced to My link a while ago and it is worth a visit for some (negative) guidance. And the odd laugh.

Gary

well now what? HEH HA . ..............Gary that MY LINK site was a laught. BUT, it makes one stop and think about. In fact I will not sleep well for a night or two.................THANKS GUY.....................DOC.........

Is anyone here skilled with website development.

I have started trying to work on removing what I don't want from the template but really, it's gonna take me weeks to try and catch up.

If someone has a bit of skill, theres only a few things I want done different, and taken out. Please help

Heres my main goal

Increase number of tabs along the top,

CHange the log in section to a logo section,

Get rid of the logo bit completely and move everything else up,

Thats mainly it, I can copy pages from that and should be able to add links and stuff from there.

It doesn't seem like much but as was pointed out some people are much better at certain things...

I'll bite...

It's dated, it relies heavily on images, it's markup is technically valid but it uses tables for design (they're for tabular data, dammitt!!!) and inline javascript for simple things like rollovers, which is considered sloppy and bad practice. I would ditch it and find something a little more modular since you don't know exactly what you want to offer to your visitors. You might try Wordpress or something like that - it would be easier for you to add/edit/remove content since you don't know xhtml, and it's produces some relatively clean code in case you wanted to learn. Alternately, you could hire a designer+developer to write something for you, but since you're looking at templates, I guess you're budget is on the slim side.

That template looks like it's circa 1994 for a web design company - not a portfolio/blog/shop site.

Well, I will be in league with a website designer friend to clean things up and do a few things, but I want to be able to go to them with a working prototype first, that at least looks the way I want it to. Thanks though, I will have a look around to see what else I might like.