Sign in to follow this  
Heathen

Hi from Scotland

Hullo everyone, I`m Heathen, living in the remote north west Highlands of Scotland. I`m a tanner by trade (mostly chrome or white tan) and make rugs, boot and shoe insoles and suchlike. I haven`t made leather yet but intend to so am hoping to garner lots of handy tips here. :)

We are currently snowed in and have been cut off for the past week, I have two strung hides outdoors which have become iced up still life sculptures. specool.gif

Nice to be here. cheers.gif

Hi Heathen,

Nice to have somebody else here from my neck of the woods; I was getting a bit lonely.

You've found a most useful resource in this site. If you don't know something there is bound to be at least two people who do or, if not, they know someone who does.

It's also the friendliest and most helpful place I've ever come across in real space or cyber-space.

I have heard you should avoid the doughnuts for some reason (or perhaps that should be 'donuts).

Gary

Welcome to the forum!

I have heard you should avoid the doughnuts for some reason (or perhaps that should be 'donuts).

Maybe one of the "old-timers" here will correct me, but I believe the reason you avoid the doughnuts is because ClayB's dog licks the icing off the top. They're not supposed to glazed! tongue.gif

And Heathen, welcome.gif

Hi and welcome to the board!!

True that this must be the friendliest place in cyberspace.

Th wealth of information here is liberally shared amngst our member and most questions get their answers. Leatherwork issues seem to have just as many answers as there are leatherworkers so be prepared to sort through liberal amounts of answers to questions aswell ;-)

We love pics here so whenever you get going and have sometihng you wanna show do mind if you are not totally happy with it. We are all here to learn and share.

Tom

Welcome to LW and help yourself to the coffee but it is true about the doughnuts! A little dog spit never bothered me though. :D

There are almost as many Scots as there are Texans on here now! :yes:

Welcome Highland lady! Take some photos of you ice hide sculpture! :thumbsup: I think that there is a lot of interesting stuff on the site as well as interesting people. So wee lassy do ya hunt what you tan or do others come to you? :welcome:

Storm

Edited by Storm

Welcome to the Forum! Pilgramette

Welcome

and make your self right at home.

Josh

Hi and welcome from Perth. This is the best forum so far!