BruceGibson

GIBSON PANCAKE GLOCK 19 23 32

Haven't posted a holster pic in a while, so I thought I'd put this one up for your input. It's got a 15-degree rake, and the backside is left natural. Belt slots are for a 1.5 inch wide, 1/4" thick gunbelt.

4274618918_20c45af230_b.jpg

Man your holsters look nice. Are you hand or machine stitching?

Man your holsters look nice. Are you hand or machine stitching?

Thank you, sir. I machine stitch with an Artisan Toro 4000P. Top thread is 346 with 277 in the bobbin.

I hope to get to your level at some point. I love looking at yours and Boomstick's holsters.

Really nice holster Bruce. I really like the tight stitchline right up to the weapon profile, that curved backsweep from the rear toe into the wing is a nice touch also.

Bruce,

Any chance of getting a shot of the backside of this holster? I'm real curious about the natural back/black front combo.

Thanks,

Dan

Bruce,

Any chance of getting a shot of the backside of this holster? I'm real curious about the natural back/black front combo.

Thanks,

Dan

Here's the backside, Dan. I left it natural to avoid dye bleed or rub-off.

4273867297_ee3b436609_b.jpg

Really nice holster Bruce. I really like the tight stitchline right up to the weapon profile, that curved backsweep from the rear toe into the wing is a nice touch also.

Thank you, Denster. I was trying for something a little different without getting too far over the top.

Here's the backside, Dan. I left it natural to avoid dye bleed or rub-off.

I figured preventing dye rub off was the motivation, but the result goes beyond that. That is just plain beautiful.

Dan

Very nice as always, Bruce! I really like the clean backs - it's classy.

Very nice! May I ask what tool or technique you use to tool the recess in the trigger guard? Love your maker stamp.

I figured preventing dye rub off was the motivation, but the result goes beyond that. That is just plain beautiful.

Dan

Thank you, Dan.

Very nice as always, Bruce! I really like the clean backs - it's classy.

Thank you, Dick. Heck, I went and looked at your website and the pics you've got up there. If I wasn't already committed I'd have come back here and taken my holster picture down! Mighty nice work!!

Very nice! May I ask what tool or technique you use to tool the recess in the trigger guard? Love your maker stamp.

Thanks, particle. My Makers stamp is from Infinity Stamps. Their website is www.InfinityStamps.com. Real good people.

I'm no expert by any stretch, but the tools I use on the trigger guard are the same ones I use for the other detailing/boning. Some of 'em are a little weird...maybe a lot weird. On the trigger guard I'll start with my thumbs--whether I've used the press or not. I also use the wooden handles (round ends) of a couple of edgers I have, to get things started. I use an edge slick from Jeremiah Watt to sharpen my lines in the trigger guard. Here's a link to the tool JW Edge Slick. It's an edge slick, but I've never used it for that. Beyond that, I use an old butter knife (Mark Garrity gave me that idea), a crochet hook, the butt-end of a Sharpie marker, and a couple of big pear shaders. Real fancy tools. ;)

Hope that helps.

Beautiful holster Bruce, as alway's.

Best,

Rhome

DGL

Bruce,

I think it is an awesome looking holster. I love the clean natural back. I completely agree with Denster about the sweeping profile...very sharp. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Carl

Golly Bruce, you do some nice work, especially on Glocks. I have trouble with that darn straight line down the slide :lol:

Thank you, Dick. Heck, I went and looked at your website and the pics you've got up there. If I wasn't already committed I'd have come back here and taken my holster picture down! Mighty nice work!!

I'm sure you know that I'm quite flattered by this! Your gear is always top-notch, and that's no joke. I really dig your thin detail lines.

Good work! That natural finish on the inside is nice. How does the 346 thread work in you Toro 4000? Do you have to do any major tweaks to the tension or use lube to get it to sew smoothly?

Beautiful holster Bruce, as alway's.

Best,

Rhome

DGL

Thank you, Rhome! That's mighty high praise coming from you! And very much appreciated!

Bruce,

I think it is an awesome looking holster. I love the clean natural back. I completely agree with Denster about the sweeping profile...very sharp. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Carl

Thanks, Carl. Had a friend of mine tell me once that folks might think I was short-cutting by leaving the back panel natural. Had to explain to him that it's a little more troublesome to do that than to just dump the whole thing in the dye bath. I've just always been paranoid about dye-bleed/ruboff on somebody's high-dollar pants.

Golly Bruce, you do some nice work, especially on Glocks. I have trouble with that darn straight line down the slide :lol:

Thanks, Monica!

Good work! That natural finish on the inside is nice. How does the 346 thread work in you Toro 4000? Do you have to do any major tweaks to the tension or use lube to get it to sew smoothly?

The 346/277 combo works great with the 4000P. No special tweaks or adjustments. I like the look of the thicker thread on the face side--it really looks good (to me). Steve Tayrien (Cobra Steve) sold me the Toro when he was with Artisan, before he started his own deal with Cobra.

I'm sure you know that I'm quite flattered by this! Your gear is always top-notch, and that's no joke. I really dig your thin detail lines.

Thank you, Dick. You made my day!

That's a beautiful holster Bruce. Very inspiring for those of us who a new to this game.

Bronson

Bruce - WOW, every time I am just about ready to give up with my holster making one of you artists posts something like this and I get motivated again, if I can get even close to this I'll be happy...

jt

Edited by jt1

That's a beautiful holster Bruce. Very inspiring for those of us who a new to this game.

Bronson

Thank you, Bronson.