can anyone tell me what the @#$%$#@ is steampunk? i looked all over the net and cant fined a good explination. is it conmic book or anima based or what? any help is great in figuring this out

Thanks

Donnie Blazeofftopic.gifwtf.gif

can anyone tell me what the @#$%$#@ is steampunk? i looked all over the net and cant fined a good explination. is it conmic book or anima based or what? any help is great in figuring this out

Thanks

Donnie Blazeofftopic.gifwtf.gif

It is a term used for work done in the era where steam power was still used. Usually in the 19th century and often Victorian era in England. I did not have a clue what it meant until I read it in the Jan/Feb LC&SJ. There is an article about a "Steampunk gun rig".

brassgoggles.co.uk

nuff said

I could type in an explanation but just go here instead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

-Andy

It is a term used for work done in the era where steam power was still used. Usually in the 19th century and often Victorian era in England. I did not have a clue what it meant until I read it in the Jan/Feb LC&SJ. There is an article about a "Steampunk gun rig".

I was really intrigued by this. And I really enjoyed the new Sherlock Holmes.

DO we have any makers playing with this theme?

I was really intrigued by this. And I really enjoyed the new Sherlock Holmes.

DO we have any makers playing with this theme?

I may dabble a little in it... ;)

Mr Tom Banwell however is the preeminent master of things steampunk.

Discerning Explorer.jpg

Tophat and goggles.jpg

Explorer watch ver 2.jpg

post-11332-126376472069_thumb.jpg

post-11332-126376475655_thumb.jpg

post-11332-126376477258_thumb.jpg

Edited by TTcustom

thanks everybody i was wandering what it was all about could not fined adifinitive answer when i did a search on the net the links helped very much i now understand what it is victorian scifi basicly thanks again for ansering this old mans (40yo) question on a relative ly new scifi style that i have not know befor looks realcool i will have to try and keep up on it

thanks everybody i was wandering what it was all about could not fined adifinitive answer when i did a search on the net the links helped very much i now understand what it is victorian scifi basicly thanks again for ansering this old mans (40yo) question on a relative ly new scifi style that i have not know befor looks realcool i will have to try and keep up on it

I'm 40 meself so don't be sayin' "old man"! *L* steampunk has actually been around for something like 20 years. however, it has mostly changed from what is was in the beginning. originally it was closer to hippies meet victoriana, but within the last 5-10 years it's more about fun fantasy sci-fi victoriana and includes "weird west" (think wild wild west with monsters). and I gotta agree that the good mr. tom banwell excels at it. in fact, he's so good that he's not only known here for his wonderful work, but extensively in the steampunk community too. if you're truly interested in learning more about the current version of steampunk, give a good long poke around brass goggles forum. great place to learn more about the asthetics of steampunk.