I just recieved my first two blue guns and was wondering if the blue would come off on my holsters? If so is there something I can do to prevent it? They are Rings

Thanks, Ray

Rybord

I think that the blue color is a coloring used in the plastics mixture. You may want to call the company and ask that question and give us a note back

Good luck

Tim

I just recieved my first two blue guns and was wondering if the blue would come off on my holsters? If so is there something I can do to prevent it? They are Rings

Thanks, Ray

Yes, it will come off inside the first 2-3 holsters you make with it. They put a blue paint top coat on the guns. I imagine you could use some kind of thinner to clean the worst of it off. FYI, you can order the guns directly from Rings w/o the paint.

Thanks, Ray

I just ordered a couple more blue guns from Ring's last week .. They told me to make sure I told them the guns were for holster making

when I ordered them and they wouldn't put the shiny polish on them. They use a "shoe polish" ( his words) to make them shiny and look nice.

On the blue guns I ordered in the past / from other sources I strip them with alcohol or thinner a couple times before I use them..

Wear latex gloves the blue gets on everything and is a mess,,, Dan <<

I recently ordered two blue guns directly from Ring's, and told them on both occasions that the guns would be used for holsters. One came with the final finish, the other did not. The one that came with it - I simply poured a little denatured alcohol in a pan, put on some latex gloves, then took an old tooth brush and dipped it in the alcohol and proceeded to brush the finish away. It was VERY easy to remove, though quite messy... I was actually surprised at just how easily it came off.

That's a good reason to deal with Ring's directly. Not only do you get faster, better service, but if you are going to buy from them on a regular basis, they will put it in your profile that none of your product will have the blue finish on it.

I got my first few from Bo-Tach- Stay Away! However, at the time I was unaware of the finish and never noticed it on my holsters.

Thanks much to each of you!!!!!! I appreciate your time and help!!!

I'll get the next one direct from Ring's.

Ray

That's a good reason to deal with Ring's directly. Not only do you get faster, better service, but if you are going to buy from them on a regular basis, they will put it in your profile that none of your product will have the blue finish on it.

I got my first few from Bo-Tach- Stay Away! However, at the time I was unaware of the finish and never noticed it on my holsters.

Big River - what's wrong with Botach? That's where I have been getting mine from and I have 5 of the rings BG's. What is the pricing like through Rings directly? I am a one man shop work from home. So I am just starting out with this stuff and don't have a ton to spend on blue guns. I typically get 1-2 a month depending on my work load and finances.

Glad to hear you have received what you ordered from Botach CC, a lot of people have not. Their Customer Service seems to be lacking in the "give a care" department from what I hear.

I deal with Rob at Bluegunstore.com and all of his come without the final finish. Never had wear off from his. The only one I've had finish come off of was a M&P Shield I got to borrow from the LGS before the blue guns were for sale. But that was a shiny new store demo piece anyway.