Tom,

I think you have found your niche..Very nice job, next come high end cases for pool/billiard cues.

Nice work buddy,

David Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

Thanks alot you guys!

Myriam, did you try this red/black theme yet? Planning to make a tutorial on that with the ladies purse project I have on my desk. Just gotta figure out how to di it first. Another from the scratch project I have.

Hedge, Thank you so much.

I actually thought I'd be getting more coverage over the top braid but here we are. In the initial stage I did consider to bring the chord into the cap like you say with two holes but I wanted a big fat border for that fish so I just went on top with it.

Going reversed is a good idea. Next cap will have a completely different type of solution and the one after that will have no cap at all I think. Won't be posting much on that before getting to the makings but i got some idea of how it'll b done and a customer for it.

Back to this one, i got some good money for it even though a friend price tag on it. Considering the time I got into I'd be be better off doing overtime at the papermill, lol. Well first items and developing stuff is lot's of time at the drawing table. Lining up the 500+ holes on the spinal braid took some time, ehh.

I did consider a turks knot but haven't got any good explanation of it. Found one on a pdf sheet posted here but it showed just one strand so I didn't figure it out (I suppose one takes all four strands together as one) and also gotta check with my friend before putting any more into the knot to see where he'd like to take it.

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it, you're a wise man I think! :notworthy:

Tom

Glad to see you're planning on more cases, Tom. I think you've got a winner!

I understand the thinking on the cap lacing. Chalk that one up to experience. It's always a learning process no matter how many

times we make things. In any case, it's a fine piece and you should be proud of it.

I've been looking around for a good tutorial on the terminal turk's head. If you have Grant's encyclopedia, check pg 109. There is

a full description of it's construction.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not so wise. I've just tread a path or two before you. ;)

Very Nice Tom, was worth the wait to see!

hello tom

very nice work so you can go out on sunday for fishing with this outfit :)

greetigs from bavaria

johann

Tom,

I think you have found your niche..Very nice job, next come high end cases for pool/billiard cues.

Nice work buddy,

David Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

Glad to see you're planning on more cases, Tom. I think you've got a winner!

I understand the thinking on the cap lacing. Chalk that one up to experience. It's always a learning process no matter how many

times we make things. In any case, it's a fine piece and you should be proud of it.

I've been looking around for a good tutorial on the terminal turk's head. If you have Grant's encyclopedia, check pg 109. There is

a full description of it's construction.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not so wise. I've just tread a path or two before you. ;)

Thank you David! I've dreamt of this moment a long time so I'm really glad just to be able to do one and sure hopes this leads to future work. Time to sport a website maybe?? In Sweden it's hard to niche in just one thing so pool/billiard and golfing is stuff I think about aswell as bikeseats, i just love bikeseats for the wonderful canvas to tool on they are, gotta do it. We're only about 8-9 million people here but I think the market for exclusive high end gear is growing. Just gotta make sure to continue to up my skills, lot's to learn.

Hedge, yup the cap if done again will have another solution for the cord, like we've talked about earlier or so. No Grant's encyclopedia here but I'll try to dig my head into something and I'll make sure he keeps the cord that way for redoing later, for now I'm stacked with stuff to do so I will research on knots someday later. Next case also have a simple solution and I'll think it'll turn out neat, no clumpsy big bucklers, no no.

Wise or not Hedge, I'm glad you tread my path and hope I'll keep seeing your back, one day maybe I'll catch up so we can sit aside and chat about wells and trivial matters, lol.

Thank you Anne and Johann, glad you liked my stuff!! I hope to have one myself someday but I have this one and two more to build for others so we'll see in the future.

I showed it off at work today to get a non leather worker perspective aswell. I had big eyes all the way in (lot's of fishermen and women there) and a small crowd wowing me for a while. Then I had to do my job, bummer!!

It was great fun!

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

(...)

Myriam, did you try this red/black theme yet? Planning to make a tutorial on that with the ladies purse project I have on my desk. Just gotta figure out how to di it first. Another from the scratch project I have.

(...)

Haven't had the chance yet. I need to order some dyes and I'm a little short on money right now. As soon as I can afford them though, you bet I'll be trying it and if I get anything decent, I'll post on the forum :)

Tom,

Awesome case!! Are you going to start building custom Fly Rods to go with the cases??

again Awesome.

Johnny

Nice rod case. I've been looking forward to seeing what you came up with.

I am adding a link to a page with pictures on how to to tying the terminal turks head knot. The only instructions I could find were for three stranded rope, but if you do a search for footrope knot you may be able to find more. (Same knot, different name.)

www.ropeworks.biz/reader/footrope.pdf

Hope this helps,

Timothy

Yeah Myriam, I'm in the same position 'bout money. Payment for this one's allready spent on new leather aswell so I know how you feel.

Thank you Colman!

I like working leather to much for picking up on rod building and I don't flyfish myself actually so I would have to pick up on that aswell.

But it is off couse a nice thought, leatherworker and rodbuilder.

Tom

Nice rod case. I've been looking forward to seeing what you came up with.

I am adding a link to a page with pictures on how to to tying the terminal turks head knot. The only instructions I could find were for three stranded rope, but if you do a search for footrope knot you may be able to find more. (Same knot, different name.)

www.ropeworks.biz/reader/footrope.pdf

Hope this helps,

Timothy

Thank you very much Timothy!

That's seems like a good description and perhaps that one can be done with 4 strands. I'll put the pdf in my e-mail and try a little bit at work tonite if the 'ol papermill is running hassle free.

Tom

That's some great work Tom. I like the cap closures, never thought of that. Waiting for pics of the next one.

Jim

Thanks Jim! No local history connections with that one either but some day, I'm sure it'll come!

Your encouragement is good, I'm guy that need to get a kick in the butt to get going sometimes, lol.

Keep on smilin!

Tom