gregintenn

Let's See Your Maker's Mark

I'll go first.

IMG_1072.jpg

Katsass has one of my favorites so far. I'm sure there are some more interesting ones out there as well.

I'll go first

Katsass has one of my favorites so far. I'm sure there are some more interesting ones out there as well.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Since it was mentioned, Here is the 'Katsass' Mike

004-7-1.jpg

Here's mine! Bad pic.... it looks SO much better in "real life". You get the idea though.

20z1ixk.jpg

I'll play:

post-8183-052414500 1281325034_thumb.jpg

Here's mine made in metal from www.phillipsengraving.com

If I translate the name it would be: "Wild Ravens Leatherden"

post-5624-070443900 1281335264_thumb.gif

Here's mine made in metal from www.phillipsengraving.com

If I translate the name it would be: "Wild Ravens Leatherden"

Tina..........Very much like your stylized Raven head...........(I don't personally like the birds themselves though).

Tina..........Very much like your stylized Raven head...........(I don't personally like the birds themselves though).

Thanks a million, I just had to make them "mine":-)

This is mine...nothing too fancy. Hope you can read it...

4273867297_ee3b436609_z.jpg

here's mine.

post-13859-002723500 1282214806_thumb.jp

Here's mine temporarily. It's one of those plastic ones and I don't like it.

Butch

post-5743-039635700 1282221019_thumb.jpg

Here is one I just finished for a young guy in our neck of the woods.

It's 1.25" and made of delrin.

Just a logo, no advertising of my name or "Barclay Customs" the image is actually me. :) I know it's kind of goofy but that's what it is.

2119132800033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Same image I use on my guitar picks.

2468111340033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Just a logo, no advertising of my name or "Barclay Customs" the image is actually me. :) I know it's kind of goofy but that's what it is.

2119132800033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Same image I use on my guitar picks.

2468111340033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

I like it! I am admiring your leather work as well. I assume that is a left hand pocket holster for the P3AT? Oh...and I've never seen a leather guitar pick holder. Those would make really neat gifts.

Not the best photo, but here is mine. Delrin stamp from Laser Gift Creations. Image size is about 7/8". This stamp has been used at least 2000 times and still gives a nice imprint.

post-7487-082733500 1283002344_thumb.jpg

That's where mine came from as well, Lobo. Can't beat it for the price.

Here's mine, 3/4" Delrin, from Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphies. GREAT price, service and quality, can't be beat!!!!

post-7926-091628000 1283009637_thumb.jpg

post-7926-071589600 1283009782_thumb.jpg

this is what my makers mark looks like

rsfknivesmikespain.jpg

and i liked it so much i did this

monogramrsf.jpg

/Roger

RSF, You make some beautiful knives!!!!!

Edited by gregintenn

I like it! I am admiring your leather work as well. I assume that is a left hand pocket holster for the P3AT? Oh...and I've never seen a leather guitar pick holder. Those would make really neat gifts.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I made up a bunch of ukulele straps for a Uke Festival I played at yesterday, it kept me busy for a day or so.

Thanks, yes it is left handed, one of the reasons I do leather work :) to make my own left handed stuff. The pick holders are really simple to make, I use a large belt strap end cutter, I strike the leather twice to make the football shape then cut one in half to make the front pocket. I've made hundreds of these things and thinking about having a clicker die made up.

Thanks, yes it is left handed, one of the reasons I do leather work :) to make my own left handed stuff.

That's exactly why I started. I wanted a left hand holster for a 51 Remington. One didn't exist, and I couldn't find a maker who'd agree to make one.

I can relate, hard to find lefty stuff.

Here is mine... a play on words sort of. Make mostly concealment gear... holsters and sheaths...ie Hide... and of course made out of DUH! ANIMAL HIDES...

mmone.jpg

I think a maker's mark needs to be personal, yet having something that is eye catching to make the customer want to check out your webiste or walk into you shop. I have 2 different types. The first one was the Maker stamp I started out with. Showing off the hand drawn Green man image with is out main image logo on our cards and and site, We had made into a Magnesium stamp. We simply put it through the Lucris press and make the impression. Younger folks like this maker stamp.

My other is certainly more professsional . thre different sizes, 1 inch, 1.25, and 1.5 wide all are 3/4 high. We stamp it on our higher end items. I had a friend who did our website make up the designs then she sent them off to be made.

I also use a GML stamp for my Jack Sap Straps. We put our logo on ever product that leaves our work tables. It proudly states what business made it and encourages people to look you up and to possibly have a referral just from them seein the logo!

That is my loonies worth.

post-8173-011880100 1291462778_thumb.jpg

post-8173-098032300 1291462786_thumb.jpg

post-8173-076431300 1291462874_thumb.jpg

There's sure a lot of creative people here.