leatheroo

A couple of quivers hit the road

Heres a couple of quivers i was asked to make, the person who ordered them wanted his name and viking title in runes as well as the two symbols, i didnt want to try and carve the writing as it was so small so i used the dremel to engrave it. One side quiver and one back quiver. The dye turned out streaky on the side quiver so i call it wood effect. Who can read runes?

quivera.gif

post-4514-1209259477_thumb.jpg

Very nice,you can sure tell you put a lot of work into them,great job.Moon

odinssman petr kaj, yup had to look it up. There are different types and I'm not even very good at the ones I used most. Theese ones should have been used up to somewhere about 500 AD if I have correct info, after that some of them disappear but remains in the magical rune set.

I guess petr kaj is customers name but Peter and Kaj I've never seen as surnames except with the extension of son, like Petersson and Kaj only as first name.

If this is the case the line reads: Peter Kaj Odins man. I don't get why there is two s in odinsman.

Hey Roo, it's very funny and a bit awkward to see runes turn up halfway around the globe about 1500 years later in a high tech world. I have runestones close enough to walk by foot to see one. They are very cool, many of them (I think about 50% or so) are raised after Sweden were christened and often carry inscriptions and praires to Virgin Mary and of course the christian god. If they are of heathen origin the often end the inscription with " tor vige" wich means Thor is the guardian.

Tom

Edit: åhh, forgot to tell you the're lovely. Wood colouring is awsome.

Tor vige, lol

Edited by TomSwede

Leatheroo,

Nice Job! I like the design of the side quiver in particular, Is that your design? Also does your customer plan on using just field points of did he have you put a wooden plug in the bottom for broadheads? (Makes it so the broadheads don't cut through the bottom of your beatiful job.)

thanks, the customer is new to archery, but i think he is just using field points (i hope), if not he will have to put in a wooden plug himself. The side quiver is a new design, i think the belt setup will work well

tom, the customer gave me the spelling...he had the double S in his original drawing.

Edited by leatheroo

Wow Roo. And we find another great tallent from the Roo. Nice work.

ooooooohhhhhhhh. Nice looking Quivers there roo.....!

Beautiful work as usual. I like the colors.

You did a real fine job on those Roo, and I particularily like the colors. Didn't know they had Vikings in Australia though....the things you learn here on leatherworkers.

Ken