JohnBarton

Seen These Folks? Wow, Just Wow.

http://www.skyhorse.com

black-beauty-saddle-skyhorse.jpg

This isn't even the nicest one. Prepare to be blown away.

Thanks for the link John, definately some beautiful and outstanding workmanship there.

Cheers,

Clair

The Number 4 Saddle in the Skyhorse Collection Series took over over 700 hours to create.

From their website...that just blows my mind...

How about that Black Petroglyph Saddle? What a refreshing departure from the regular old Western-style saddle...

skyhorse-black-petroglyph-saddle.jpg

That sure is a feast for the eyes!!! I love seeing new ideas like these. Thanks for posting! (Maybe someone should invite them to join us... :whistle: )

Kate

That sure is a feast for the eyes!!! I love seeing new ideas like these. Thanks for posting! (Maybe someone should invite them to join us... :whistle: )

Kate

Hehe, good point. I will do that. They also have a project going to teach basic leather crafting to Mongolian horse people so that those people can maintain their gear and even build new gear. I am going to donate to that cause. I was under the wrong assumption that such leather working skills would be passed down to each generation there. But apparently not according to Loren and Lisa.

http://www.skyhorse.com/sky/html/mongolian_leather_project.html

Sent an email to Lisa and asked her to join us here.

How about that Black Petroglyph Saddle? What a refreshing departure from the regular old Western-style saddle...

I have to post this in so I can find it again, sorry to rehash

Love this black saddle...not a rider, but inspired to make a bag similar

I am speechless!!!!!! This is beyond the work of mortals . The hair stood up on my arms when I saw this to say I am impressed just dont seem to cover it . Thank you for sharing this work !!!!!!!!!!!!

Saddles that are this incredible should never be placed on a horse.. They should be in an art gallery. Although if you had a quarter horse or cutter worth more than a Lincoln pickup that might be okay.

All I can say is.....WOW!