trikegeoff

Baby Bootie Pattern

good afternoon all

i have been searching the internet with much gusto looking for a pattern for some baby booties.

i have found many patterns for knitted booties but this is of little use to me.

i have found a pattern for some felt booties but im not sure how how these will transfere to leather (i dont want them to hurt the little ones feet)

does anyone have a pattern or a template that they have made leather booties from? and if so could i use it?

this is a project i have wanted to do for along time, and now with one of the girls in my office expecting i now have an excuse.

your help is much appreciated.

geoff.

I have been looking also, to no avail!

When my children were little there was a brand called TV Booties. I even made a couple of pair for them.

But I didn't save any patterns, and I can't find them in the hope chest, (tho I ought to look again).

I'm working myself up to taking a hand at doing up a run of toddler size patterns.

I just need some measurements for the basic sizes.

But I don't know where to look.

I think this is a neglected area of the footwear trade.

TLF has their baby moc kits, but I can't help more than that.

leatherimage

thank you for your reply

id love to see a pic of the booties you have made and the pattern if you happen to find it.

I never made booties but I made dozens and dozens of Tandy"s "Baby Mocs". They were really cute. Don't see them on-line or in the catalog anymore.

ferg

good afternoon all

i have been searching the internet with much gusto looking for a pattern for some baby booties.

i have found many patterns for knitted booties but this is of little use to me.

i have found a pattern for some felt booties but im not sure how how these will transfere to leather (i dont want them to hurt the little ones feet)

does anyone have a pattern or a template that they have made leather booties from? and if so could i use it?

this is a project i have wanted to do for along time, and now with one of the girls in my office expecting i now have an excuse.

your help is much appreciated.

geoff.

Here is one source for pattern: http://www.bighousedaddy.com/making_a_pair_of_baby_booties.htm

ferg

Here is another one shared by a LW member. Enjoy!

SimpleShoe.pdf

Look at Bighouse daddy's web site he, has a pattern for some leather baby moccosins. They are Very good I have made a pair for my Baby Nephew.

I have been looking also, to no avail!

When my children were little there was a brand called TV Booties. I even made a couple of pair for them.

But I didn't save any patterns, and I can't find them in the hope chest, (tho I ought to look again).

I'm working myself up to taking a hand at doing up a run of toddler size patterns.

I just need some measurements for the basic sizes.

But I don't know where to look.

I think this is a neglected area of the footwear trade.

TLF has their baby moc kits, but I can't help more than that.

Hey Paul,

If you tell me what areas to measure I'm sure my 8 week old daughter wouldn't mind me taking a few measurements for the infant section of the pattern project.

Chris

Chris,

Besides the obvious toe to heel length, to which you'd want to add a good bit for 1st yr. growth, you'd also want a width circumference + at the ball.

And because the child probably won't be able to cooperate and point the toe, you'd also want a generous heel measurement. This would be taken from the back point of the heel, around instep and back again.

Here is a measuring diagram for a big person's foot with fit points delineated. I am referring to fit points #1 and #5.

Sorry I can't be more help right now.

post-8631-051451100 1313763571_thumb.jpg

Here's a pattern for fabric, but could be adapted to leather without too much hassle.

A60E0d01.pdf

post-22530-072619000 1315686948_thumb.jppost-22530-011744800 1315686919_thumb.jppost-22530-008713900 1315686899_thumb.jp

Look at Bighouse daddy's web site he, has a pattern for some leather baby moccosins. They are Very good I have made a pair for my Baby Nephew.

Here are some I made using his patterns and one of my modification of his patterns.post-22530-034366700 1315686257_thumb.jp

Thanks to all who provided patterns for baby booties. We are expecting our first grandson by the end of the month and these will make a great present for the parents as well as a wonderful keepsake. This site and its people are fantastic.

I own this book: http://www.etsy.com/listing/97884850/pdf-version-how-to-handmake-simple-shoes?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=simple+shoemaking&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

It has loads of patterns for all sizes newborn through older child. I also purchased her women's shoes book. They are easy to make if you use the "turned out" method.