Just finished a new one... my best so daf I think :-)

2457321720_9120c9e298_b.jpg

Very nice !

Welcome to the site. I checked out your site,Beautiful work.

I think your talent will work good with leathercraft.

This is a great site,so keep on carving,

Thanks a lot craftsman827 :-)

Hey neighbour, this one is looking good. Two tones (or more) are tough to work with. did you use brushes to apply the dye with?? A tip is to have a piece of scrapleather on the side and as soon you have refilled the brush into the dye and are going back to paint you put the brush to this leather to bleed out the excess dye, this will help you to control the bleeding over on edges.

I like the choice of colours here and it suits this logotype that is very beautiful in itself.

Tom

nice work, leather and bikes go so well together.

TomSwede, I guess I was cheating a little... I used airbrush to apply the leather dye :-) I`m not sure if that´s a comon way.. but I had to try :-) Thanks for the tips tho, I`ll test it as soon as I get some more leather :-)

TomSwede, I guess I was cheating a little... I used airbrush to apply the leather dye :-) I`m not sure if that´s a comon way.. but I had to try :-) Thanks for the tips tho, I`ll test it as soon as I get some more leather :-)

I have now looked at your homepage/blog and seen what an impressive airbrusher you are! Hey, nice skulls there :spoton:

I love anything you could find on a heavy metal album and of course tattooflash but I don't draw well and compared to you, really badly.

Airbrushing is quite common with leather and they say that spirit dyes works really well but there seem to be a number of people here that applies final sealers too. I think they mostly use acrylic based sealers. I think they are shooting antiques too but not sure. I read that working with leathers you need both dual and single action guns, can't remember why.

I can't afford one just yet but I checked a new laserprinter from the most wanted list yesterday so airbrush is now on top there but also very expensive.

BTW, where do you buy your leather? My supplier is Swedish Tjäderläder (www.tjaderlader.se) but it's Norwegian owned and when buying online I can see that the shoppingcart connects with some server skinnlåvven or something like that.

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

I have now looked at your homepage/blog and seen what an impressive airbrusher you are! Hey, nice skulls there :spoton:

I love anything you could find on a heavy metal album and of course tattooflash but I don't draw well and compared to you, really badly.

Airbrushing is quite common with leather and they say that spirit dyes works really well but there seem to be a number of people here that applies final sealers too. I think they mostly use acrylic based sealers. I think they are shooting antiques too but not sure. I read that working with leathers you need both dual and single action guns, can't remember why.

I can't afford one just yet but I checked a new laserprinter from the most wanted list yesterday so airbrush is now on top there but also very expensive.

BTW, where do you buy your leather? My supplier is Swedish Tjäderläder (www.tjaderlader.se) but it's Norwegian owned and when buying online I can see that the shoppingcart connects with some server skinnlåvven or something like that.

Tom

Thanks a lot Tom :-) There is a couple of leather stores in Oslo, but I have only bought some test pieces.. I started with leather only a few days ago.. so I havent really bougt any yet.. but I will for sure!! I`ll check out the site you mentioned :-)

I dont know much about this yet, but how would acrylic colors work with a motorcycle seat.. would it be possible to "clear" it so it can be used in rain without coloring your pants? :-) I dont know why, but I would asiúme that spirit colors is bether for a motorcycle set.. I need to learn more about this :-)

Anyone know why I would need both dual and single action guns? I used dual action on this one..

When it comes to airbrush you should check out http://www.coastairbrush.com/ Especially since the $$ isn´t much worth these days it´s really cheap to buy from US.. and they have really good service and fast shipping!

Dyes, especially black is known to rub off easily and the oil in antiques will dissolve and run in reain, I think and there's alot of ways to seal them. I think acrylic colours is the least of your problems on a dyed seat, since it is in fact acrylic I think it should stay put without sealer but you still have to seal for the dye so that sort it self out.

Fiebings leather balm with aussie wax is often used on antqued bike seat, not a sealer but apperently works ok as that when rubbed in.

I think, maybe (memory failing a bit on this), that single action is better for those really thin lines while the dual action is used for medium fine stuff and when it comes to apply sealer a really wide fine cloud is preferred to dust the sealer on seamless and without streaking.

Something like that.

Thanks for the shoptip, I'll bookmark it for later use but one should really have a go with the more expensive stuff right now.

Tom

This is a sweet looking piece. Your work on your site is impressive too. Very cool work. Love the skulls too for sure.

Welcome! Nice work!

really nice work. I like the dye job also, as for single versus double action airbrush. I think you get better control from the double, and the Paashe VL has a little wheel in front of the trigger that will let you set the trigger to act like a single action, but with very fine control.

I love it. I had a 72 Bonneville back in my day. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg and used to ride that thing like my hair was on fire at a 120. Got it brand new in. It's a wonder it didn't kill me. But I was 19, Airborne and bullet proff. Or so I thought.

Tom