KnotHead

Kangaroo Ladies Necklace

This one was for the own of the local coffee drinkin hole I go to. She ordered the necklace and provided the cross. An interesting story behind the cross too. That cross is made from Black Coral. That stuff is illegal to pick while still alive. The only way you can get it is by getting it off the sea bed floor when dead. Mostly a tropical coral that only grows so many centimeters per year.

DebSchwarzNecklace-Cropped.JPG

Nicely done. Where do you get the connectors?

Thanks for sharing,

Rob

I have to agree with Rob. Very nice job. Also wondering where you get the ends you put on the necklace?

Edited by rcsaddles

The ends on the necklace, I bought from an ebay store out of china. Yep I know. But it would seem that there is no place here in the states that sells them in bulk for the price I got the Mag Clasps from. The other ends are from my local bead store, they are sterling silver. Those mag clasps do have a very strong magnet in them and are good quality unlike some of the stuff you find from China. The pendant finding is also from my local bead store, also in sterling silver. The cross belonged to the customer. The cross is Black Coral.

I bought like 40 of those mag clasps from that shop on ebay. I figured the price was good and it takes about 3 weeks to get to the USA. I needed a supply of them so when I order them again I have some left over during the wait time for delivery. But I am also in the hunt for some slender type mag clasps similar to the ones I used on that necklace. The ones I'm after are more lower profile and have a deeper magnet inside the metal used.

Brian...

Edited by KnotHead

Posted images never seem to show up