Nutty Saddler

Dog Collars & Leads

HI everyone ,

Just thought that as a new person on this forum I would show you some dog collars and leads that I have made in the past

023-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

001.jpg

006-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

Thanks for looking

very very nice....what is the material they are lined with?

The material they are lined with is leather - I either dye my own russet hide or have some standard colours on the shelf , it is either panel hide or upholstery hide , I do have some doe skin and pig skin but I rarely use these.

Very nice! what machine did you use to stich them

I didn't - everything that I do is hand stitched - I don't even own a machine . I double hand saddle stitch - mostly at 10 / 12 stitches to the inch , for fancy patterns or lettering this is also saddle stitched but at 16 stitches to the inch , sometimes if it would look nice I will stitch a pattern in 17 stitches per inch - but this I do backstitch with the overlay on top .

I didn't - everything that I do is hand stitched - I don't even own a machine . I double hand saddle stitch - mostly at 10 / 12 stitches to the inch , for fancy patterns or lettering this is also saddle stitched but at 16 stitches to the inch , sometimes if it would look nice I will stitch a pattern in 17 stitches per inch - but this I do backstitch with the overlay on top .

Very nice collars.

What weight is the leather you use for lining?

Thanks,

For my padding I use panel hide or upholestery hide - I don't know the weight as I buy my leather by type i.e Bridle leather , Stirrup leather , Panel hide etc.