A collar that has the D-ring simply slidin on the strap to allow the closure to be centered at the back of the neck at all times per customer request.

critiques welcome as allways!

Tom

post-5146-026123400 1292239820_thumb.jpg

post-5146-065813500 1292239842_thumb.jpg

post-5146-073551200 1292239860_thumb.jpg

post-5146-011799500 1292239880_thumb.jpg

post-5146-000790700 1292239909_thumb.jpg

Nice collar Tom. Alex must be a big dog.

A really nice collar.

Considering the lock and the pic. 4 I would say it IS a big dog... near human size. ;)

Beautiful work, as always Tom. I agree that must be a human collar

Nice looking collar Tom. I really like the red lettering with the black background.

Thank you very much all!!

Alex is not a small person but he is the proud owner of the "dog" :head_hurts_kr:

Tom

Thank you very much all!!

Alex is not a small person but he is the proud owner of the "dog" :head_hurts_kr:

Tom

Love you collar lil'bro :-)

Dabbing in to the naughty corners? *LOL*

Thanks Sis!!

Yeah seem like I might get some attention from the fetish society lately :-)

Tom

A collar that has the D-ring simply slidin on the strap to allow the closure to be centered at the back of the neck at all times per customer request.

critiques welcome as allways!

Tom

Tom,

I really like your collar....but not for me, maybe my dog!specool.gif

Thanks for posting your pictures of the collar. The red letters gave me inspiration to try using some red dye on my current project. I tried the red on a couple of samples and I think it will turn out good. I was undecided about trying to paint my project, but after seeing your red letters, I think I liked that better than how the paint would have turned out and I'm thinking that the dye will hold up better than paint. I'm using it on some key fobs for the guys at the fire station and I was scared that the paint would rub off while carrying keys in your pocket.

My initial attempts at dye were not very satisfactory. I was using some white, and even after multiple coats, it wasn't as dark as I wanted. Is there a trick to using white dye in order to get it dark.

I tried dampening the leather before applying and it seemed to work a little better. I think dampening the leather kept the leather from just sucking it up and running to areas I didn't want the dye.

Thanks,

Bobby

Tom... That´s really a nice collar, smart to have a loose D- ring ... You do great work, keep it up.. :thumbsup:

Very nice work; creative, unique and your edge burnishing is “perfect”. Black and red go great together.

Tom,

I really like your collar....but not for me, maybe my dog!specool.gif

Thanks for posting your pictures of the collar. The red letters gave me inspiration to try using some red dye on my current project. I tried the red on a couple of samples and I think it will turn out good. I was undecided about trying to paint my project, but after seeing your red letters, I think I liked that better than how the paint would have turned out and I'm thinking that the dye will hold up better than paint. I'm using it on some key fobs for the guys at the fire station and I was scared that the paint would rub off while carrying keys in your pocket.

My initial attempts at dye were not very satisfactory. I was using some white, and even after multiple coats, it wasn't as dark as I wanted. Is there a trick to using white dye in order to get it dark.

I tried dampening the leather before applying and it seemed to work a little better. I think dampening the leather kept the leather from just sucking it up and running to areas I didn't want the dye.

Thanks,

Bobby

Thanks Bobby, red letters will certainly suit a firefighter that prefers his leather black.

White dye?? never heard of white dye, only acrylic white like Cova-Color.

Tom... That´s really a nice collar, smart to have a loose D- ring ... You do great work, keep it up.. :thumbsup:

Thanks Henke!!

I really like it :cheers: I just finished a black and red collar also. But mine was for a big dog..lol

If you ever feel like sharing any pointers I would very much appreciate it. Do you have any links to your other work?

Again, nice work :)