DenverLeather

Table Ideas For Cylinder Arm Machines?

Try the base off an old dentist or barbers chair as they will be more stable. I like the office chair strut idea but fear you will bounce as you stitch.

Oh, I'd have cam clamps to fix it in position, I was just thinking of the gas prop as a way to allow the height to be easily adjusted with weight on the table.

The gas shock sounds like a great idea but I think most people have an idea if they want to sit or stand to sew & rarely change once they get it to their preferred position.

Bob

I get back problems and quite bad RSI, so the ability to adjust even a little bit up and down can make a big difference to me. I've been working on how to get four low-weight props synchronised so I can put them in the legs of my desk for that reason.

Maybe this topic will cause some entrepreneur to come up with an affordable (?), not too difficult to install (with tools) add-on kit that allows one to alter the height of their pedestal sewing stand, with a lever. It would have to be a bolt in/on attachment for common power stands.

Also, any changes in the height of the table top requires a matching change in the length of the chains from the two pedals on the base. Or, spring-loaded take-up idler wheels would be needed to maintain the proper amount of chain slack at all anticipated heights.

No, I don't intend to build one, so don't throw it back at me.