UKRay

I Have A Very Weird Hobby...

I thought long and hard about who I might offend with this post but thought it was probably worth it for the laughs. My hobby is a bit odd 'cos I collect old books with titles that are, shall we say, 'different'

Look at the book titles closely and see what you think. All are genuine books published in the 19th and 20th century. Funny how language changes isn't it?

Sorry if we don't share a sense of humour, just be grateful we aren't all the same! LOL

Ray

post-6314-042581400 1306782951_thumb.jpg

post-6314-087758600 1306782980_thumb.jpg

post-6314-053397400 1306783010_thumb.jpg

Ray, i like your books ! Some of the titles look like they may of been X rated back in the day. I have a friend that collects racie paper back books from the 40's and 50's and they have pretty wild titles for the day. They were sold from the back room or from under the counter in this town...LOL.

Ray, when you posted "don't open if easily offended", I was expecting something like leather G-strings.....for men.

You're right, the language certainly does change- with time and locale. Several of the titles you have may sort of make sense in British English, but are completely inane in American English......even more so in Southernese.

I do have to ask, though, where, oh where, is your copy of "Justine......"?

Thanks for making my day with the book titles. I almost shot spit out of my nose and I can tell you from experience that it burns!! Evidently we share a lot of the same humor.

Frank

How refreshing! Was just checking to see what my offensive index was nowadays, and got a good chuckle instead.:crazy:

All of the books in my collection are family reading, John. Nothing grubby or untoward at all. Just the titles make them stand out.

Glad you had a chuckle, Wyoming Slick. It kinda helps the day along. LOL

Ray

Gave me a good chuckle.. and the boys at home when I read out the titles...

Natalie

Yep gave me a chuckle too :) lol

cj

Thanks, that was hilarious!

whats probably more funny is that those titles probably wont offend anyone today.