Sign in to follow this  

leather_024.jpg Here is a new checkbook order I finished, what do yall think?

post-6735-1212628208_thumb.jpg

Edited by leather1214

Very nice work. A lot of detail.

LEATHER 1214.......I think you did good. and i like the background color. what is the background color?

LEATHER 1214.......I think you did good. and i like the background color. what is the background color?

Hey thanks man, uh the background color is dark cocoa brown, again thanks

STR

Hey thanks man, uh the background color is dark cocoa brown, again thanks

STR

ON MY SCREEN IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A METALIC COLOR,WHICH LOOKS GOOD.

STR,

Very nice work, the colored background makes the carving really stand out.

Johnny

That is really nice to look at. I'd like get it down like this...someday.

Nice work with the backgrounding, it's tideous but pays of in the end.

Tom

VERY nicely done ! ! !

Is the checkbook hand sewen, or done by machine ?

I love Sheridan designs, and your's does it just fine.

I know it is traditional to use bar grounders for the background,

but , just a question, can you use like tool (A104) instead???

I'm doing a sheridan design now, & I don't have barground tools.

One last question, where did the pattern come from??

GREAT CHECK BOOK ! ! !

VERY nicely done ! ! !

Is the checkbook hand sewen, or done by machine ?

I love Sheridan designs, and your's does it just fine.

I know it is traditional to use bar grounders for the background,

but , just a question, can you use like tool (A104) instead???

I'm doing a sheridan design now, & I don't have barground tools.

One last question, where did the pattern come from??

GREAT CHECK BOOK ! ! !

Hey thanks man! It is machine sewen, and hey when it all comes down to its just personal preferance, and if a mat grounder is all you have then there is no prob with that. A bargrounder just makes it look that much better but is also a harder tool to learn. As for the pattern I drew it myself just using a 2 circle figure 8 pattern and used the leaves as fillers. Again thanks man.

STR

All in all I think that it is a very, very nice piece. Obviously you have the talent and the experience to do nice work but if you paid attention to some finer details you would put your work "over the top" and establish you own style.

Check out the little things like the stems in the top left corner. They don't go anywhere. The veins of the flowers don"t all point or end at the flower center, the mules foot(feet) are too long on most of the stems and the pear shader could be walked so as to fade out rather than just "holes" at the tips.

I say all of this as I and MANY others here have been where you are at. Everybody better than us have been there!

When I give a golf lesson to a beginner and he hits a squirrely shot I remind him that at one time Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus couldn't have done better!

Stay with it. You are doing fine with the Sheridan style.

ps- I still can't draw a pattern better than your!!!!!

pete

All in all I think that it is a very, very nice piece. Obviously you have the talent and the experience to do nice work but if you paid attention to some finer details you would put your work "over the top" and establish you own style.

Check out the little things like the stems in the top left corner. They don't go anywhere. The veins of the flowers don"t all point or end at the flower center, the mules foot(feet) are too long on most of the stems and the pear shader could be walked so as to fade out rather than just "holes" at the tips.

I say all of this as I and MANY others here have been where you are at. Everybody better than us have been there!

When I give a golf lesson to a beginner and he hits a squirrely shot I remind him that at one time Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus couldn't have done better!

Stay with it. You are doing fine with the Sheridan style.

ps- I still can't draw a pattern better than your!!!!!

pete

Hey man I know what your talking about, and everytime I looked at that order I thought about the same thing with the stems on the top left. I tried to use them to fill up space so I dont have to do much bargrounding. I think how long or how many things is just personal preferance but everyone can get a idea, thought or trick from someone who wants to share. Anyways thanks for looking and I'll keep that in mind and hey what did ya think of my Bible cover?

STR

Edited by leather1214

This is a very nice design piece. I love that you drew your own pattern. Very pleasing to the eyes.

Good job! You've got a good start in drawing up your own patterns. Keep it up and you'll go far with it.

Kathy

First, you did do a nice job, I agree with everything else that has been said, that with some improvements you can be really good. I would like to add that you could improve by use of a lifter or undercut beveler on your flowers and leaves. It would give you an added depth to your leaves and flowers and smooth out the lines going around the round edges of the leaves and flowers.

Keep on tool'n

Randy