Sign in to follow this  
goodfella

New Badge Wallets We Are Making

These new wallets are doing well with at the gun shows, like everything we do lifetime waranty

made in brown and black we offer this style and also a sherifs wallet to fit there star will

fit 90% of the sherifs star badges out there. we also do custom badges and cut outs

and the pocket/belt/neck wallet

hmalakoff@chartermi.net

post-22791-074124100 1314741548_thumb.jp

post-22791-037267400 1314741576_thumb.jp

post-22791-041760100 1314741585_thumb.jp

post-22791-005017300 1314741594_thumb.jp

post-22791-016722500 1314741603_thumb.jp

post-22791-093804600 1314741650_thumb.jp

post-22791-077381900 1314741689_thumb.jp

I know you didn't ask for a critique but.... First, I think your wallets are very nice and clean looking.

One caveat that you are probably aware of, your machine's needle foot is pressing too hard on the leather. Your product would be even better if you can work that out.

Your machine should have an adjustment for the foot pressure. Lighten/raise the foot as much as possible and still have the piece move properly. I have experimented with placing what I have to stitch in thickness (waste piece) under the foot when the feed dogs are all the way up. When the leather is just snug under the needle foot your impressions on the leather will be minimal. Make sure the leather is moving through correctly so your stitches stay consistent.

When all else fails, use a large modeling tool. Rubbing over the impressions will eliminate most.

When I sew leather that is a finish piece on both sides I use a smooth needle plate and smooth feet,

ferg

These new wallets are doing well with at the gun shows, like everything we do lifetime waranty

made in brown and black we offer this style and also a sherifs wallet to fit there star will

fit 90% of the sherifs star badges out there. we also do custom badges and cut outs

and the pocket/belt/neck wallet

hmalakoff@chartermi.net

Being from canada the concealed weapons permit badge made me look twice. That is something very VERY rare up here and I don't believe they issue a badge just a card.

Very nice work though. I work for corrections up here and your cases are definetely better than our issues ones.

Well done again.

Being from canada the concealed weapons permit badge made me look twice. That is something very VERY rare up here and I don't believe they issue a badge just a card.

Very nice work though. I work for corrections up here and your cases are definetely better than our issues ones.

Well done again.

thanks for your nice thoughts we just an order for 150 neck wallets and custom badges to go with them

post-22791-006911700 1316603805_thumb.jp

post-22791-076787800 1316603822_thumb.jp

post-22791-036290100 1316603840_thumb.jp

post-22791-033160700 1316603947_thumb.jp

post-22791-019735400 1316603960_thumb.jp

Edited by goodfella

Well done again.

The "badge" in those photos is NOT an issued item. Concealed carry licenses are issued, usually in the form of a card. The "badge" in those photos is a gimmick item and is often worn by people that DO have CCW permits. It is close enough to a real badge that if a bystander should see the (mostly) concealed gun a person is carrying, and also sees the "concealed carry permit badge" that the bystander PRESUMES that the wearer is a form of law enforcement. Down here in the states, the agencies have different badges - city and state police, county sheriffs, FBI, Marshal's service, Homeland Security.....the list goes on. When somebody sees the gun and a badge, they're not as likely to completely freak out......at least as long as they think it's a LEO.

I asked a few local LEOs about it and there's not much they can do (at least around here) UNLESS the person with the "badge" portrays himself/herself as a law enforcement officer.

Like I said, it's a gimmick badge, and IMO a very bad idea. Concealed means concealed, and there's not reason to display a badge that could either misidentify a person or potentially make them a target....kinda like wearing a "photographer's vest" in the summer to cover a weapon....around here, we call them "shoot-me-first vests".

I HOPE the badges in the photos are only there as props to show the fit of an actual agency badge.

The "badge" in those photos is NOT an issued item. Concealed carry licenses are issued, usually in the form of a card. The "badge" in those photos is a gimmick item and is often worn by people that DO have CCW permits. It is close enough to a real badge that if a bystander should see the (mostly) concealed gun a person is carrying, and also sees the "concealed carry permit badge" that the bystander PRESUMES that the wearer is a form of law enforcement. Down here in the states, the agencies have different badges - city and state police, county sheriffs, FBI, Marshal's service, Homeland Security.....the list goes on. When somebody sees the gun and a badge, they're not as likely to completely freak out......at least as long as they think it's a LEO.

I asked a few local LEOs about it and there's not much they can do (at least around here) UNLESS the person with the "badge" portrays himself/herself as a law enforcement officer.

Like I said, it's a gimmick badge, and IMO a very bad idea. Concealed means concealed, and there's not reason to display a badge that could either misidentify a person or potentially make them a target....kinda like wearing a "photographer's vest" in the summer to cover a weapon....around here, we call them "shoot-me-first vests".

I HOPE the badges in the photos are only there as props to show the fit of an actual agency badge.

GREAT points TwinOaks!! When I conceal they don't have a clue.

The CCW badges make me LOL.

I dont worry much about concealing most of the time. Luckily I live in an open carry state.

Nice wallets though!

Whether a prop or an actual agency badge they sure look IMPRESSIVE! Nice looking. And congratulations on the big order.