Sign in to follow this  
Hibbert

Maple Leaf Belt

What do you guys think? Any ideas on how I can improve and I'm all ears!

post-26646-058827800 1326789712_thumb.jp

post-26646-019805000 1326789743_thumb.jp

That's a lot of carving and back grounding, probably took a while.

The one thing I see is you could use more detailing in your leaves.

The color is too dark for me but that could be the color you wanted it to be.

You done a nice job. That said, I think you used the wrong tool in your leaves but you have to understand that some times there simply is not a wrong way to do this.

I agree that it is too dark. Seems the red would maybe look better if the background wasn't so dark.

ferg

I like your Belt very much. The Color is beautiful, i think. If you don't mind, please Tell us what Color you have used, cause i'm doin a Belt right now and would try to get a similar Color. It Looks like u have used a pear shader for the seeds. If so, you could try to make the impressions more even (but the pics are too small to be sure about this).Btw. I have the Same Problem ;)

Greetings Jazznow

Thank you everyone! The color I used is fiebing's red and USMC black. Personally I prefer more natural colors but this is what my buddy asked for. What tool would have been better for the leaves?

It looks nice.....I really like the way two-tone dye jobs come out.....something about the finish look.

Keep it up!

I think those are oak leaves, if you search for oak leaves on here you can see the added tool work.

There are probably at least a half dozen different stamps you can use for oak leaves.

Thank you everyone! The color I used is fiebing's red and USMC black. Personally I prefer more natural colors but this is what my buddy asked for. What tool would have been better for the leaves?

I thought they were oak leaves at first until someone told me they were maple.... I don't know lol

The red belt looks like maple but the other looks like oak, were they different stencils or are there both leaves on the each belt?

Here's a maple leaf ...

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30459&st=0&p=190729&hl=+maple%20+leaf&fromsearch=1entry190729

I thought they were oak leaves at first until someone told me they were maple.... I don't know lol

Edited by Tree Reaper

What other belt? The two pictures up there are of the same belt if that's what you mean

Sorry about that, they look like one brown and one red.

I now see some maple seeds so they must be maple leaves they just don't look like maple leaves.

The leaves look stretched out but I'm thinking red maple where you leaves may be something else.

What other belt? The two pictures up there are of the same belt if that's what you mean

Oh got it, I think they're maple but it's really ok with me either way. I just liked the pattern and figured my friend would too

I'm sure they will enjoy the belt, was that design for a belt?

When I looked at the seeds I saw flowers because of the color, the wings could have been a little lighter.

Do you see any room for improvement?

I know it would take me several attempts to get what I wanted in a design like that.

Oh got it, I think they're maple but it's really ok with me either way. I just liked the pattern and figured my friend would too

From what I saw out if my work my areas of improvement that I noticed I need to work on is more detailed leafs and more fluid tooling all around

Here's a belt like yours

post-19342-055019600 1326858792_thumb.jp

I like the perrern and figured very much. if the colour have a little bit light. that will be perfect.