David

Pics from a bike builder

Some months back, I built a seat for a fellow who was making his first bike. I received these pics today of his ride in mock up form....It has now been torn down and sent for paint, powdercoat and chrome. It is a unique ride ....

I always appreciate hearing from customers as their bike progresses

Dave Theobald

3_1_.JPG

2_1_.JPG

6_1_.JPG

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

post-5652-1200542946_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200542969_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200542991_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200543024_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1200543042_thumb.jpg

I love the extra stitching and braidwork as design on the seat. Beautiful! The bike is just my style! I'm saving a pic of both.

for sure it's very thoughtful to get some pics back from customers!

looks good!

Edited by beezachoppa

Very nice, I remember the seat..... other than the ape hangers (I have never been a fan) the bike looks sweet..... wonder how it rides?

MY KINDA BIKE..... JUST CALL ME "OLD SCHOOL'

DANG I WISH I STILL HAD MY" B S A SPITFIRE"

MY KINDA BIKE..... JUST CALL ME "OLD SCHOOL'

DANG I WISH I STILL HAD MY" B S A SPITFIRE"

funny you should say that!

i just worked out a deal with an incredible painter!

he's gonna paint my 66 BSA lightening chop in exchange for a seat and tool bag :yeah:

he's gonna paint my 66 BSA lightening chop in exchange for a seat and tool bag :yeah:

Hell... I will trade ya a seat and bag for your bike... you dont even have to worry about getting it painted for me.... LOL

Love the old BSA.... one thing that when i grow up i will have.... and hopefully it will even run and be ridable.

[/quote***************************************************

ONE LUCKY S O G.......GOOD TRADE.

Yeah,I like when I get pics from people, that's the best. I don't care for them bars too much and another thing,no kicker, how do you start it?

Dave that seat is too nice , take it back,harhar.

I banged up my shoulder at work yesterday so it hurts to look at those ape hangers.

Really nice work. Are the silver dollars a 'luck' thing or just an option? I've seen thos eon your other seats, curious.

Yah, I miss my 63 BSA, I cringe when I think about how it went away,let's just say regrets of youth. way nice ride. :head_hurts_kr: GH

Yah, I miss my 63 BSA, I cringe when I think about how it went away,let's just say regrets of youth. way nice ride. :head_hurts_kr: GH

i have a 63 a10 in milk crates for a some day project :thinking:

Dave that seat is too nice , take it back,harhar.

I banged up my shoulder at work yesterday so it hurts to look at those ape hangers.

Really nice work. Are the silver dollars a 'luck' thing or just an option? I've seen thos eon your other seats, curious.

I'll give the guy a month with those bars and he'll put something comfortable to ride on his bike. The first time his hands and arms fall asleep while he's riding....they'll be gone.

The silver dollars are just done for decoration on the back....I don't charge extra for them....If i didn't put them on, I'd do some tooling on that area....It just finishes the seat off a little better.

Dave

"I'll give the guy a month with those bars and he'll put something comfortable to ride on his bike. The first time his hands and arms fall asleep while he's riding....they'll be gone" -- amen to that...guess you'd look cool puttin' around the campground, but ride it any distance? Not me...

Least you didn't have to make it black. Great execution on the seat, tho...you guys and your round braids are making my head hurt. That's gotta be the way to go to soften that seam though. Maybe if I ever get the double loop down I'll give it a try...

Really like the color, too.

--Phil

I remember that seat too! Incredible tooling Dave.

Steve

Front end and tank cap looks like the work of Rook or Roark can't remember exactly, as I put all my horse mags in storage. Very sharp looking, and solid construction, ape hangers gotta go though, to much police attention in most states, I'm sure after a few $ to the man they will be toned down a bit. The seat absolutley makes the bike great work by everyone involved.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I sure appreciated getting the pictures from him.

Dave

Edited by David

Yeah I have to say that i was totally impressed when I saw that seat the first time. Now, I'm totally diggin it. The bike looks bad ass. Those Apes might be a bit extreme but I like the look. I have 16"'s with 2" risers on mine but I don't have the rake like he does. Nor the lift of the front end. I have to say that I will never go back to regular bars if I don't have to.

DSC00078.JPG

post-5519-1200694338_thumb.jpg

Yeah,I like when I get pics from people, that's the best. I don't care for them bars too much and another thing,no kicker, how do you start it?

Funny, When I first looked at the pic I thought, "how's he start it?"

What does "sent out for paint" mean? "out" to the driveway so The overpray from the can don't get on the furniture?

Oh Yeah and....SPORTSTERS RULE!

John

Edited by JohnD

man that is one ugly bike IMSHO, looks pieced together from a confused box of parts

the modern fork is old style Indian, leading link springer

the gimp bars dont match the 21" hoop, actually the bars match nothing on the bike

the pipes have brit trumpet cones on shotgun drag headers

crime scene chopper oil bag, that doesn't match anything

deep tunneled sporty tank, modern spun headlight

close wrap rear fender and a chrome and black evo engine wrapped in whitewall donuts

yikes

oh yeah - check out the mounting of the oil bag - he is shorting himself a quart of

oil when he fills it - he should have made angle mounting

blocks to get the oil bag horizontal so he could have gotten the full 4 qts in there...

smoking seat tho!!

steveb

Edited by steveb

Yeah, a few rattle cans of flat black will put all these Frankensteined pieces together.

I actually have a can of that at home I was gonna paint my bike with. LOL Kinda permanent though so I changed my mind. My bike has had 3 different themes since I got her.

Yeah I have to say that i was totally impressed when I saw that seat the first time. Now, I'm totally diggin it. The bike looks bad ass. Those Apes might be a bit extreme but I like the look. I have 16"'s with 2" risers on mine but I don't have the rake like he does. Nor the lift of the front end. I have to say that I will never go back to regular bars if I don't have to.

hmmm - i like what you did with your bike, and really like the antiquing on the sidecovers and aircleaner - cool

the copper lower legs look good too and how the hell can you not love heat wrap on upswept fishtails!!

i dunno about the lack of front fender tho, i do too much foul weather riding to be able to deal with that for long..ha

nice!!...here is my baby after a week long trip along the east Coast seaboard and more!

steveb

Edited by steveb

man that is one ugly bike IMSHO, looks pieced together from a confused box of parts

the modern fork is old style Indian, leading link springer

the gimp bars dont match the 21" hoop, actually the bars match nothing on the bike

the pipes have brit trumpet cones on shotgun drag headers

crime scene chopper oil bag, that doesn't match anything

deep tunneled sporty tank, modern spun headlight

close wrap rear fender and a chrome and black evo engine wrapped in whitewall donuts

yikes

oh yeah - check out the mounting of the oil bag - he is shorting himself a quart of

oil when he fills it - he should have made angle mounting

blocks to get the oil bag horizontal so he could have gotten the full 4 qts in there...

smoking seat tho!!

steveb

Well, when you're 19 and building your first bike....I'm sure he'll find a lot of thing he'll do differently on his next one.

Dave