electrathon

What Did You Do With Leather, Today.

One of the best parts of going in to Tandy is getting hugged. Leather girls and huggs, mmmm.

Aaron

Please take that image you just put in my head back out, LOL.

I went to Tandy and was given many items for free, I use them as templates. Then I they gave me some things at 2 for one and picked up some leather and will have to go back probably in a week to get more leather. Let's face it I should have shares in Tandy and they know me and usually I don't walk out of there under $300. I deserve things for free.

Randi-Lee

I have shares in TLF and made $4.50 this year, I shall now retire.

Kevin

rofl.gif I shall now buy shares in TLF so I can retire next year

I made a leather ball. It is almost done, just need to stuff it and sew the last two inches closed.

Aaron

I'm working right this second on a leather bracelet and choker. Glad you mentioned this thread again Aaron. Cheryl (Post the ball when you're finished ok?)

I did nothing with leather. I am working on my new shop!!!!!!!!!

I did a crossbody style purse using some upholstry leather and ostrich leg. Learned the hard way that you should check the conditioner you plan on using on your purse in an inconspicuous place of your ostrich or you risk losing all the colour. :dunno: Fortunately I was able to save it but it no longer has the depth of colour it once had.

post-26880-066746600 1336236404_thumb.jp

I finsihed my ball, this is my first one. Now I need to adjust a few things and make a few more.

Aaron

post-2349-043762400 1336277894_thumb.jpg

How cool Arron. Was that really hard to do? It's the first one I've seen on here so.

I finished my set too and not spoiling anything since I couldn't stand it and had to show my friend already, LOL

I did a crossbody style purse using some upholstry leather and ostrich leg. Learned the hard way that you should check the conditioner you plan on using on your purse in an inconspicuous place of your ostrich or you risk losing all the colour. :dunno: Fortunately I was able to save it but it no longer has the depth of colour it once had.

I just noticed your purse, and wanted to tell you how nice I thought it was. Plus tell you thanks for probably saving me a lot of work and disappointment. I'm getting ready to work with exotics for the first time and wouldn't have thought to put a finish on a small place first to check for color. Cheryl

I just noticed your purse, and wanted to tell you how nice I thought it was. Plus tell you thanks for probably saving me a lot of work and disappointment. I'm getting ready to work with exotics for the first time and wouldn't have thought to put a finish on a small place first to check for color. Cheryl

My hubby couldn't figure out how I managed to miss that step. You can bet I won't be skipping it next time. :-)

Been working on these three guitar straps ready for the past week. They are ready stiching.

post-27800-091911700 1336331982_thumb.jp

post-27800-017143600 1336331996_thumb.jp

post-27800-079223900 1336332005_thumb.jp

Great job guy. Cheryl

I made a "man purse" to attach to the quiver I made a while ago. Could fit at least 5 squirrels in there ;)

pouch.jpg

plains.jpg

WOW, way cool. And I love squirrel (if someone else kills them, skins them and gives it to me not looking like a little cute rodent, LOL) Cheryl

I finished a few simple bracelets of various colours and brought them to my office to try and sell them... saving up for a leather splitter!

I did a knife sheath & a wrist cuff

post-1906-009703500 1336834884_thumb.jpg

I did an 'In the Eye of a Horse' set yesterday to wear today. Nice stuff Luke. Good luck Lloyd.

Got another strap ready for stiching. Will have all four stiched on Tuesday and the finish them up for delivery.

post-27800-039355100 1336928026_thumb.jp

post-27800-033897500 1336928064_thumb.jp

Beautiful job. Cheryl

I too should buy shares in TLF, I own enough of that place. I then too can retire and live in the lap of luxury for five minutes.

Randi-Lee

rofl.gif I shall now buy shares in TLF so I can retire next year

I too should buy shares in TLF, I own enough of that place. I then too can retire and live in the lap of luxury for five minutes.

Randi-Lee

LOL, Randi-Lee. We should start a retirement club!!!! Cheryl

Got another strap ready for stiching. Will have all four stiched on Tuesday and the finish them up for delivery.

post-27800-039355100 1336928026_thumb.jp

post-27800-033897500 1336928064_thumb.jp

That is really good looking strap. I like the way you did your oak leaves and basketstamp. If you don't mind me asking, whose basketstamp are you using and what did you use for a background tool. Thanks.

That is really good looking strap. I like the way you did your oak leaves and basketstamp. If you don't mind me asking, whose basketstamp are you using and what did you use for a background tool. Thanks.

Thanks, I used a Barry Kind basket weave and a Tandy A118 background tool. I will be posting the finished projects later this week.

Jon