electrathon

What Did You Do With Leather, Today.

Today I finished my dog Skadi's collar and did an inlaid eye. It took me two days to do the collar because I kept using her old one to measure things with and she kept wanting it back. On the inlaid eye things went pretty good except my 15-91 got away from me as you'll see. Baby's got a LONG learning curve!!!! But was a fun day. Cheryl

Did a bit of pyrographic art on wall hanging 5/6 oz leather. Pleasant day.

I made this Leather Handle for a tool Box and Drank Beer this afternoon... :thumbsup:

post-1906-063690800 1337390933_thumb.jpg

I made this Leather Handle for a tool Box and Drank Beer this afternoon... :thumbsup:

I think I will visit Luke and learn some tricks from him...............and I like his work ethic!! Save a beer for me!!

I have been making a case for my iPad.....got the resist on and will antique it tomorrow!! Then will see if I still remember how to lace.......

Today I made a checkbook cover from scratch, used pigskin for the liner and pockets. Tomorrow I'll lace it up and take another picture of tomorrow's work. This retirement thing is tough, my problem with being retired is I don't know when I'm done each day and I found out I don't get holidays off anymore. I was thinking I would have to report back to work on holidays since my job now is to be retired.

Ken

post-6362-006908300 1337395337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chief31794

I am a day late, but I was tired last night.

I taught a basketweave class at Tandy yesterday.

Wow all cool stuff. Didn't get to see the pyro but Luke your handle is cool, and I'm on my way with Mike and I'll even bring a few beers. Aaron that is so cool that you're teaching at TLF. I don't do anything worth teaching YET and don't have a TLF here but have offered to do a very basic class at the local MH facility across the street using some kind of Tandy kits for the people that sign up. Everyone had good days as did I. Always it seems like when leather is involved! Cheryl

Chief I'm sorry I just got up and forgot your beautiful wallet. I started a checkbook cover before I went to sleep, and I am on disability so I know what you mean when you forget to take any days off, they do start running together.

Wow all cool stuff. Didn't get to see the pyro but Luke your handle is cool, and I'm on my way with Mike and I'll even bring a few beers. Aaron that is so cool that you're teaching at TLF. I don't do anything worth teaching YET and don't have a TLF here but have offered to do a very basic class at the local MH facility across the street using some kind of Tandy kits for the people that sign up. Everyone had good days as did I. Always it seems like when leather is involved! Cheryl

Chief I'm sorry I just got up and forgot your beautiful wallet. I started a checkbook cover before I went to sleep, and I am on disability so I know what you mean when you forget to take any days off, they do start running together.

Thanks DoubleC,

This is the finished checkbook, I finished it in the shop today.

Ken

post-6362-062396100 1337459348_thumb.jpg

post-6362-027702500 1337459350_thumb.jpg

post-6362-038918100 1337459352_thumb.jpg

That's gorgeous. My checkbook cover I'm working on needs serious help which a friend is going to do tonight. I found a horse pic online that had a pretty easy outline to cut out because I want to do another inlay for more practice. Outline, true enough but I didn't think about the negative space and my horse looks crippled at best. I was going to sand the cut marks now it's completely dry but going to wait and see exactly what my friend suggests tonight before I touch another thing head_hurts_kr.gif

Today I became a NewB to this cool site. What an excellent place for us who share the same passions and frustrations! I look forward to being a part of this site! :thumbsup:

Hey, welcome. You are in the right place. Cheryl

Today I made a train overlay for my next guitar strap. As usual, it started out one direction in my head and ended up a little different after it was a object I could hold and see. But any day with leather in my hands is a good day.......Cheryl

Today I finished a knife sheath I have been working on.

post-2349-046544300 1344917537_thumb.jpg

Edited by electrathon

That's beautiful Aaron. I finished a coin purse for a friend but didn't get a picture, moved and haven't found everything for my camera yet.

Made some broadhead covers for my hunting arrows so I don't accidentally get shanked. They're nothing pretty but will do the job.

P1040098s.jpg

P1040099s.jpg

P1040100s.jpg

Pretty innovative if ya ask me. I made a key fob, my first, and didn't use a pattern so it won't go down in the annals of leatherwork history, LOL but was a for a friend's brother. Also worked some on a guitar strap I'm making that I hope gets waved at the annals :) Or at least turns out really nice. Cheryl

I have been making Belt Loop Bags for Biker Chicks..post-1906-087387200 1347247926_thumb.jpg

Cool notebook!

Chan Geer was in town the last few days, we made a notebook.

Aaron

It never ceases to amaze me the different things that can be done with leather. Luke those are way cool, and Arron the cover is a work of art. Cheryl

Chan Geer was in town the last few days, we made a notebook.

Aaron

Really Nice Notebook!

How Lucky You Are - to get Lessons with Chan Geer!

Really Nice Notebook!

How Lucky You Are - to get Lessons with Chan Geer!

I have learned an imense amount from Chan. I have attended a number of classes over the last few years with him. He is an awsome teacher. He was up in the Seattle area a few months ago. Will be in Pendleton in November.

Aaron

Edited by electrathon