Here´s a Green man bag I´ve done 3 Weeks ago. Only for doing it, not for a customer. Inside it is one great bag, no slots or anything else. Buckles and screws are solid brass.

post-9674-099498600 1334777337_thumb.jpg

post-9674-078469000 1334777334_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aulus

Not my favorite color personally, but I like the design. Sometimes a nice big bag is just what you need. Not a ton of little pouches and pockets and everything.

Oh, I think I have to explain something: The "Green Man" is a old myth in Europe, especially in France, Germany, Switzerland but also known in the rest of Europe. It´s an old God or Spirit that lives in the Woods or others say he is the Wood.

He´s often shown in capitells of medieval Churches.

Today nobody knows who he is and what he stands for. Only shure is, that he is really old, maybe one of the oldest gods worlwide.

Edited by Aulus

Thanks for the explanation! In these parts we have mostly heard about the Norse gods

Did you design the pattern youself?

No, the design is not complete from myself. I´ve seen a picture like that on the Internet, then downloaded, changed something (cut of the Frame and some leaves, changed the Nose and a vew other little things) and made my Stencil.

Great looking bag and design. Nice shade of green too. Wouldn't be a 'green man' in any other colour specool.gif

Aulus : really nice ;)

Oh, I think I have to explain something: The "Green Man" is a old myth in Europe, especially in France, Germany, Switzerland but also known in the rest of Europe. It´s an old God or Spirit that lives in the Woods or others say he is the Wood.

He´s often shown in capitells of medieval Churches.

Today nobody knows who he is and what he stands for. Only shure is, that he is really old, maybe one of the oldest gods worlwide.

If you want a concho to go with that they have them here:

http://www.antik-group.com/epages/es122041.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122041_REPLIKATE_DER_ANTIKE/Products/%22GREEN%20MAN%20ZN%20925%22

They have different finishes available, too.

Love the colour! :D I made myself a green bag a while back. Also love the 'Green Man' thing! Such a story to go with a beautiful piece. Great for conversation!

Very nice Green Man Bag. Now I will explain the Green Man. He is known by many names because of the cultures but more so in areas of England, Wales, Ireland he is the lord of the forest and also will contain many aspects as Cernunnos lord of the forest creatures. He is also Pan, the Greek God of the Forest.

Very nice job. I really like the fading dye work.:specool:

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to complete that piece from start to finish?