Dogface

Air Brushing ?

What do you use for this...where are they available...surely they are not big and hopefully a very fine spray....?

Thanks,

Mark

I got my air brush at harbor freight for about 20 dollars. I use a big compressor that I regulate down to about 20 to 30 psi. I am still learning how to use it but I like it so far. You can look them up on the Internet or you tube. Look in the dyes and finishing section of this forum.

Good luck David

All you need is a small compressor that at least meets the max PSI for the airbrush, a regulator (to regulate the air from the compressor) a water trap, (especially important in humid areas) The airbrush (recommend dual action) and the fittings to put it all together.

Thanks for the reply you 'guys'. I did find some YT's that will be helpful. I've been doing leather for a long time but always just mop the stuff on. :)

I have used both CO2 and N2 as propellants. The Nitrogen seems to cause the paint (acrylic or urethane) to dry a little faster. Make sure you have an open area as the N2 displaces the O2 in air as does the CO2, the N2 being a little tricky as the symptoms are harder to detect.

I am an Iwata user, from one end to the other. However, I had a project where I needed some airbrushes to spray something I didn't want to put through the Iwatas. I found this airbrush manufacturer in Hong Kong who makes really fantastic product. I bought six airbrushes for what I pay for one of my Iwatas, and I don't buy the most expensive ones. When you can get a excellent gravity feed detail brush for $33 including extra parts and shipping, and a similarly equipped side siphon for a few dollars less, this is a good deal as long as the manufacturing quality prevails. The name is VEDA available here.

Art

I got my airbrush and compressor at HF. Works well.