The guys at work are keeping me busy with these. Here's my latest for a Glock 26. I used Tandy Pro Waterstain Tan, gloss finish, and black edge coat.

38A20896-22F7-4DAA-A671-71AD13F4958A-242-00000033229DF959.jpg

FCF8C80F-1D86-497C-9F01-1BE8CAFDD2A1-242-00000031D81C842E.jpg

Edited by CountryTrash

Looks great! Thats a great pattern. Are there any modifications for 1911?

From the grump; CT, you've done a good job on this rig, and although I don't care much for edge coat, you did a nice job with it. Mike

Looks great! Thats a great pattern. Are there any modifications for 1911?

Thanks Mike. I haven't tried the exact pattern for my 1911 yet. I use the same general design for all makes and draw each out separately and make modifications to the design as needed. I'm sure the stitch line and overall length would change though.

Edited by CountryTrash

From the grump; CT, you've done a good job on this rig, and although I don't care much for edge coat, you did a nice job with it. Mike

Thanks Grump. I hear ya. First time I've used it in a while. It has a tendency to lift at it's edges. But it turned out okay with some TLC.

Looks well thought out, nicely done

Thanks SGB and Hotwing

Edited by CountryTrash

That looks great! Very clean looking holster. I like that waterstain color.

Looks great - with a Glock it's important to have the trigger guard well covered, well done.

Nice rig...not sure how I missed it back in October.

Few questions: How secure is that type of belt clip if you had to yank the shooter out in despiration? Also, was the Pro Water Stain Tan straight out of the bottle or diluted, and how was it applied? Thanks.

Nice rig...not sure how I missed it back in October.

Few questions: How secure is that type of belt clip if you had to yank the shooter out in despiration? Also, was the Pro Water Stain Tan straight out of the bottle or diluted, and how was it applied? Thanks.

Hey Jake. The clip is solid. It has great retention around the belt. Although, this was around a standard single layer belt. I haven't tried the clip around one of my double layer belts yet. I didn't go over board with molding the holster so the gun comes out very nice. It's been a while since the customer has had it and I was told last week that he loves it. The stain was straight out of the bottle. I sprayed an initial two coats with an airbrush and then applied another couple coats with a sponge. This has helped me get an even color with the browns.

Were on the same page here CT, ive made a ton of something similar for the guys I work with...somewhere around 40 of these...i willing to bet you have a bit more work into yours though...mine are pretty simple, but the inside out was a real big hit here...

page17-1002-full.jpg

The guys at work are keeping me busy with these. Here's my latest for a Glock 26. I used Tandy Pro Waterstain Tan, gloss finish, and black edge coat.

38A20896-22F7-4DAA-A671-71AD13F4958A-242-00000033229DF959.jpg

FCF8C80F-1D86-497C-9F01-1BE8CAFDD2A1-242-00000031D81C842E.jpg

Are you putting two slots in for the clip or one?

Just one for that style clip. Punched a 7/8" slot at the top and a small hole at the bottom. Once the stitching was done I slid in the clip with the female end of a double cap rivet. Lined the holes up and tapped in the male end of the rivet to secure. Tandy Holster Cip

Edited by CountryTrash

Just one for that style clip. Punched a 7/8" slot at the top and a small hole at the bottom. Once the stitching was done I slid in the clip with the female end of a double cap rivet. Lined the holes up and tapped in the male end of the rivet to secure. Tandy Holster Cip

Interesting, I normally rivet the clip before I sew the piece on and just use my center presser foot on that section. Its not much wider than the needle and goes by the clip like magic. This way I get the whole thing glued down. I can see a few places where your way would be helpful.

Michael

(Great looking rig BTW)

Nice. Very clean design. Is the leather drum-dyed? Where do you get it?

tk

Nice. Very clean design. Is the leather drum-dyed? Where do you get it?

tk

Thanks. The leather is not drum dyed. It is Hermann Oak B-grade 6/7oz and dyed with Tandy's Pro Water Stain. I purchase my leather from Springfield Leather Co.

Interesting, I normally rivet the clip before I sew the piece on and just use my center presser foot on that section. Its not much wider than the needle and goes by the clip like magic. This way I get the whole thing glued down. I can see a few places where your way would be helpful.

Michael

(Great looking rig BTW)

Thanks Michael. I initially riveted and then sewed, but the cover piece wound up having to be wider than I wanted. Although I was sewing with the left and center presser feet.

Really super nice workmanship. Thank you for show'n it to us......I have alot to learn, but I can see that YOU make a very nice product...