Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Six Shooter Rope Can

Here's the latest from the shop. I think it turned out pretty sweet. The customer was thrilled with it. It was kinda cool how the pistols seem to be shooting the flowers. I wish I could say that I meant to have it turn out that way, but alas, it was simply luck. Certainly no forethought on my part. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for looking and stay blessed.

post-7660-0-11587800-1351298450_thumb.jp

Thanks guys for the compliments. They always say it's better to be lucky than good....LOL

Nice piece, Double U.. Very pretty indeed.. ;)

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil...I truly appreciate the compliment. And, I like your quote i.e. "being defeated...". How true that is.

Really Nice Work!! I am just getting good enough to know how bad I am LOL!. I do like the flow of the flowers from the gun its neat. How many times did you "sketch" this out? After we talked the other day I bet you did it dozens of times before you got it perfect!

Thanks for sharing its a great piece.

Thanks Phil...I truly appreciate the compliment. And, I like your quote i.e. "being defeated...". How true that is.

Thanks Double U, Its a quote that just stuck with me when I heard it.

My life isn't one of the easiest of those around me, partly cos of my own head, but I keep going, sometimes just thru sheer stubborness. LOL..

The other good quote in my view is a Sir Winston Churchill one..

'If you're going through Hell...keep going..'

Gonna get both, tattooed on the inside of my eyelids..Haha!

Take care.. ;)

Regards

Phil

Great job, I really like that

Thanks again for the compliments gang. I do appreciate it very much.

Tobin...Sorry I haven't gotten any drawings sent to you. I've been CRAZY swamped since we talked. As for the sketching the pattern out...umm...I didn't at all. I just got lucky that they landed that way. The only time I draw flowers and patterns is when I'm bored announcing a horse show...LOL. Those patterns don't belong to anything...just doodles.

Dink...I appreciate the nice words. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

very good looking

Hey Double U, I've got a question. The lettering on this can looks great and it really stands out. Did you emboss that lettering, or is that just really good beveling? I'm impressed how much it appears to stand above the floral carving. Really nice work!

Bob

Thanks Office.

Bob...It's just tooled and beveled. Used some font off the computer, cut it, and beveled it. Then dyed it with Angelus Jet Black.

Bob...It's just tooled and beveled. Used some font off the computer, cut it, and beveled it. Then dyed it with Angelus Jet Black.

Thanks for the info, it sure turned out stunning.

Thanks Bob...I was pretty happy with it, and the customer was ga-ga over it.