This is my first attempt at a computer bag. Not as easy as a sporran, Square corners are fun. I learned to count and recount holes on each side, than count again.

DSCF5871.jpg

DSCF5874.jpg

DSCF5880.jpg

DSCF5875-1.jpg

I still need to touchup the edges, but let me know what you think.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM So many views and no words , hard to make a good comment when you arent quite done . Posting this picture is a tiny bit premature . Things to think about : on the handle with the gusset issue perhaps attaching it on the back would work using the same set up you have .On the flap straps (personal opinion only) I would have sewed them on and perhaps moved both just a bit more towards the center . Cuttin the fastners and sewing them on works if they are perfect hard to do by hand a clicker die is the only way . So using a slot punch and concealing the fastner is perhaps a better way . (opinion) I find that my first choice is not always my best choice so I often cut a few choices (Flap staps )different widths and put them where they might be on the bag and just look at them for a bit and take a break and then decide .Sounds like you made all your holes both sides and then assembled thats not the way to do this (Smile) I can imagine all the counting .Trust me there is a better way . As a fellow artist I respect the time and effort you spent on this ,its not going to fall to pieces and will give good service ,no doubt . As a learning lesson it will be a invaluable tool sort of a before and after picture thing . The dimensions are good and that is a big plus bag simply will not work with out that . If you send me a PM I'll offer some solutions for attaching your d rings that you might enjoy . You posted this looking for feed back and opinions so for better or worse these are mine . My advise : Finish your edges burnish them and see what it looks like then . Call this a test ,trial run or what ever ,get as much feed back as you can ,in other words let others design your next piece use their input . Then go back to the bench and use what this one taught you and begin again . My compliments on a very fine effort . I hope you take my words in the manner they were given kindness. Thats the purpose of feed back to improve . Send me a PM and I will help in any way I can . Some one should make a clicker die for all those fastners and just sell the rest of us all those pieces nicely done in a bag for our projects . Maybe thats a job for me ???? Bill

Thanks Bill. Feedback is always welcomed, friendly feedback even more so.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM....second that...hehe....edges need to be taken care off, stitching is little ruff, dye work did bleed into some design, corners are too square, ok, ok, ok....enough....this is your bag, you done well and the next one will be better...be proud of what you did, get better everytime you do another and be aware that most of your friends cant even make a keyfob from leather....soooooo...you done well!!

James

Good job considering it was you first bag. Won't repeat advice already given but give yourself a pat for sticking to it. Cheryl.

Thanks for posting it. That is a big project and it came out very good for a first bag. The critiques above are on the money but it is something you made from scratch, be proud of it.

David

Good for you for posting and asking to get better

Excellent response from Bill....constructive critique at its best!

most of your friends cant even make a keyfob from leather....soooooo...you done well!!

James

Wait til he tells you that this actually started out as a keyfob, James.!! :rofl: :rofl:

:) Not a bad first attempt at all, Rob.. Bags are scary thng to a lot of folk and rightly so. I'll make my own one day too, so It's always good to read other folks experiences and feedback for hints on design and finish.. Good advice from people like Bill..

Keep up the good work and ditto to going better for your next one.. ;)

At the end of the day, you can always use this one as a rather large, slightly cumbersome keyfob..and you'd never lose your keys down a drain cover.. :):rofl:

Regards

Phil