Earlier this month I debuted my BSP holster for an M&P Shield. Since then, I've had several orders on the books for it for different guns. Here's one for a 1911 Government (my all-time favorite to build for and personal carry choice).

The small wraparound mag carrier has the smallest footprint of any item I make, is fast on the draw, and hugs tight. It's secured with a single one-way snap for security and goes on and off in seconds. Oddly, this little piece of gear took many iterations to get right. Who knew?

BSP-1911_Govt-01.jpg

Here's a rear view of both pieces, as well as a few shots of it being worn on the body. Note the slim profile, even when worn @ 3 o'clock. The muzzle rake (angle of draw) has been tweaked for this pattern, and I'm very happy with how it draws and holsters.

BSP-1911_Govt_rear-01.jpg

The BSP (Belt Snap Pancake) is my improved version of the well-known 'Patriot' holster by legendary designer, Bruce Nelson. Bruce's original pattern had the wings over-elongated and a few other things that prevented it from really working to it's full potential. It took quite some time for me to get this one right, but it's ready for prime time and is quickly becoming my favorite holster in my lineup.

As always, feel free to pick it apart and thanks for looking!

:cheers:

Chris

I've been considering doing the same attachment method as you have on the mag pouch. I've been concerned about having the snap on the bottom, as in my mind it could potentially unsnap when ripping that mag out in an emergency, and figured this would definitely be an area where a one-way snap would be critical. You've obviously thought the same way. I'm curious what direction you have the snap positioned to unsnap. I would think having it so that you have to unsnap from the bottom, or from the side would be good.

Love your work as always. I've seen some of the snap loop designs that have the rear wing too far back to pull the grip in, and agree with where you have it.

Paul

Beautiful work.

That is some good looking work.

May God bless,

Dwight

I needed something I could take on and off and made myself a very similar holster a few months ago. I love it. Carry it every day. I just got a new gun belt and I think it's carrying even better now. I'm sure that will be a popular one. It makes the no carry areas a little easier to deal with. And that one seems to carry much tighter than some of the others I have seen. They generally seem to have a large gap in front of the slide and don't pull in tight to the belt. Looks like you took care of that issue nicely.

Thank you for the comments. I see things I can do better next time, but I'm still very proud of this one.

Colt, the dot is at the bottom. The carrier will not detach from the belt, even without it broken in and tight. I align these with the word 'dot' in ths position they should be pulled.

I don't always catch your posts to comment, but I love seeing your work. I think both look great and that holster definitely has a nice ride to it!

Great job! I can see why its a popular style of holster.

Quick question... where are you getting the black pull the dot snaps? The places I have seen online never seem to have black.

Thanks for the nice words guys!

Driften, I ordered the snaps directly from DOT.