Ran

I'm Having An Affair

Back to the envy sir! I want to play at your house!

Mike...maybe sometime if you're traveling to the WI Northwoods you can stop by and I'll give the nickel tour..;)

Randy, that would be awesome! I may be up your way later this month. I'll PM you when I head up that way and if it works out, maybe I can stop by!

Randy, that would be awesome! I may be up your way later this month. I'll PM you when I head up that way and if it works out, maybe I can stop by!

Sounds good, Mike. I look forward to it.. When you PM, leave your cell number so we can text or call one another. I'll do the same..

Ran, congrats on your new machine...I have it's little brother, the 3500, and the honeymoon is still going strong after almost two years....hey that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

Try back stitching (in reverse of course) two stitches at your ends and see how you like em.....I say with the work properly glued, the stitch is there forever.

Edited by Rayban

Ran, congrats on your new machine...I have it's little brother, the 3500, and the honeymoon is still going strong after almost two years....hey that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

Try back stitching (in reverse of course) two stitches at your ends and see how you like em.....I say with the work properly glued, the stitch is there forever.

Thanks Rayban. I'll give the back-stitching idea a whirl..

on cash reg tapes they have red at the end to let you know when they are running out .i was thinking of winding my thread a little then mark it with red marker let it dry, then finish winding it , when i see the red on my white thread i know to stop sewing and put some more on it.just a thought.

That's a great idea!

A lot better than what one customer did,he figured if he tied the beginning tight it would just stop sewing when the bobbin got to the end,it did,broke his needle & bobbin case tension spring too !!! LOL

What's wrong with my way??.....when you see a line of empty holes you know it's time to change bobbins.

What's wrong with my way??.....when you see a line of empty holes you know it's time to change bobbins.

That's always been my way too, sometimes I even remember to take a peek in if I think I'm getting low.

The red is a good idea, the only problem is how will you see it if its on the bobbin side? And then you'll have to pull out the red thread if you didn't catch it right away.

That's always been my way too, sometimes I even remember to take a peek in if I think I'm getting low.

The red is a good idea, the only problem is how will you see it if its on the bobbin side? And then you'll have to pull out the red thread if you didn't catch it right away.

I just finished up a couple belts and was wondering the same thing...I couldn't see the red coming...so think I'll just stick to my way, it's time tested and it works! :rofl:

Can someone tell me how I'll know when the bobbin is getting low on thread? (without inspecting, that is??)

This is something i have thought of as well...cant figure out a way around just checking the bobbin every now and then

I don't think there is a way without checking it. Normally I'll just glance at it every so often. The flat beds are a little harder to check so I just run them out and when its empty I put a new one one. Certain important projects where I don't want a splice ill always check ahead of time, if it looks like it might not be enough I replace it.

OR here's an idea. You guys ever see those fire crackers that have a string on each end and you pull them apart to make it go bang? You could tie one end to the bobbin and the other to the end of the thread, it'll go bang when you get to the end and since the string breaks it won't break your needle.

I'm joking of course. Don't anyone be dumb and try it but if you do get video.

This is something i have thought of as well...cant figure out a way around just checking the bobbin every now and then

OR here's an idea. You guys ever see those fire crackers that have a string on each end and you pull them apart to make it go bang? You could tie one end to the bobbin and the other to the end of the thread, it'll go bang when you get to the end and since the string breaks it won't break your needle.

Billie,

That's a great idea :rofl:

But it might discolor your leather when it goes off.

i dont know about the leather, but i would discolor my pants when it went off for sure

On My Efka motor I can program a stitch counter if I want to. And since I almost always use the same stitch length I can find out when the bobbin is low on thread. setting up some kind of alarm warning for it is possible. However, this is not anything I would use my time on. I have a "healthy" routine in checking the bobbins before sewing, and is it below a 30 % I change it for a full one. I do not trow the thread away, I save it for a small project later.

I have a lot of spare bobbins, I can also use the ones for my Adler 204 who has the same shuttle. You better buy some extra bobbins, it gives you a better "thread economy".

Thanks

Tor

Edited by Trox

KABOOM - Oh Shit.....

Just wait until I design the bobbinless lock stitch machine.........

Billie,

That's a great idea :rofl:

But it might discolor your leather when it goes off.