Sign in to follow this  
T Moore Medicine Hat Saddlery

Santa Barbara spade

I just looked at the post I should have checked my spelling I ment to ask who makes the spade bits sorry

I know of one bit and spur maker in Goleta (north of Santa Barbara) I met him at a trade show, his name is Ed Fields. He makes some beautiful pieces. His specialty is spade bits and his spurs are real nice too. I will try to locate his number and post it.

Rick Jorgenson

Ernie Marsh makes them in his fine hand made fashion as well as the Tietjen line of stainless cheeks as well. Richard Brooks of High River Alberta,

todd Hansen of Molt Mt. Mark Dahl of Deeth Nv. Mark Stewart of Lipan Texas just to name a few. Greg

I agree with Greg. On the makers he suggessted. I have a Las Crused half breed from Mark. I also have one of Ed Fields bits if you can get one from him or Chuck Erwin. Neither of them will be building bits for too much longer. I am on Todd Hansens waiting list hopefully I will get a bit from him before too long. Chris Cheney looks to making some nice bits as well.

Ashley

forgot to add Delwayne Trefz of homedale idaho to that list. Delwayne won the bit maker's competition at The Californios the last year they did the bit makers competition. Greg