As par for the course, I have been off the grid again for a while. The flu took me down for a couple of weeks. A friend of mine has been after me to build him a spring clip style shoulder holster for a single action. This is my first one so now I know what changes I need to make. I still think it turned out fairly well for the first attempt. Those spring clips are a bugger to hand stitch!

Frank

post-8516-0-90942900-1356806338_thumb.jp

Very interesting!

Looks really good to me. Nice work.

That's a gorgeous holster!

Very nice work. I think Doc Holiday would've liked to have had that in his day.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Most of these original holsters were destroyed over the years. The ones that do exist are in private collections or museums. I just found an original one for sale tonight. I thought that $275.00 was pretty fair, all things considered.

Frank

Frank, that's the coolest western rig I've ever seen. Would you be willing to share/sell me the pattern? I want one! And I just recovered from that same flu. What a beast that bug is!

Edited by immiketoo

That is beautiful Frank. :thumbsup:

Nice looking rig!!

Where did you get the spring clip?

Thanks for all of the compliments. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I have been swamped since recovering from that nasty flu. First time in years that I have had the flu. I have been getting ready for a show in March plus doing my regular orders. I'll have some new stuff posted next week.

As far as the spring clips, you can buy them for $15.00 a piece at River Junction Trade Co. They are the only ones I know of that carry them....after doing extensive research. At the moment, I am having a friend attempting to make some out of spring steel. If they are cost effective, I should be able to sell them for quite a bit less than what River Junction offers them and they will have nicer edges. I will keep you all posted on that endeavor.

The pattern itself is a 3 piece pattern (minus toe plug and barrel keeper). A front panel, a back panel and the shoulder attachment is a partial panel that is skived down and sewn in between the front and back panel. At this time, I am not offering up the pattern since I have not fully "perfected" it.

Frank

Edited by Frank