Last post for today before going at the restaurant for diner with friends (yes, diner if you check the time of the post: I live in Europe and Earth is not flat), a large bag (approximately 50 cm or 20" wide at the top) which the decoration is once more obviously inspired by Native cultures. I chose to stylise the buffalo skull, being everything but confident in the result if I had attempted to make one more realistic. Realism is I think much easier to achieve with tooling and dyeing, techniques I do not have tried yet, therefore a bit of abstract was more appropriate. I went to some North and South Dakota reservations with it at fall 1996, where I gave a hand for a few days on a housing project with Habitat for Humanity (in Eagle Butte, Cheyenne River Sioux Indian Reservation) and many people approached me to inquire where I got it. I consider this was a compliment. Thank them and may Wakan Tanka bless them.

post-37938-0-34531600-1359223902_thumb.j

Sherk, as I'm sure you are aware, there a great many LW members who are from overseas and we don't discriminate on account of geographical location, and I believe a historical neighbor of yours solved the earth is not flat in the 1600's :) As for your bag, I'm sure it is unique in your location. In the many times I have been to Europe, I have not seen much in the way of Native American art. I'm glad our culture has made such a strong impression on you. It looks to be very well made, and its clear that your confidence is not an issue.

Welcome to the forum!

Mike

great work is great work no matter who you are or where you come from brother! great job on the indian bag ....i'm impressed at the level of detail and cleanliness of all the work you've done. BRAVO!!!!

Hi Fred,

I visited your web site, you done a nice job there.

Your talent, ingenuity, artistic abilities are very obvious in your works. I enjoyed reading what you had to say of yourself, confidence,

reality, and a deep sense of giving back what you have learned. A salute to a valuable addition to the Art of Leather from an old man that

values the almost lifelong friendship with an American Indian of the Santee Nation.

ferg

Thanks Mike, Dragonworks and Ferg for your comments I highly appreciate. I am pleased that you like. :)