aguilerag

Old Barn Find

So a friend of mine bought a barn out here to fix and turn into a garage. He calls me up and says for $40 he has a gift or me but wouldn't tell me what it is. I say ok and he comes and brings me all of what is pictured and a few more things. Said he found them in an old chest in the barn. Apparently te old old owner use to make saddles back in the day.

They were in pretty bad condition so I soaked them in rust remover and after that I have been conditioning the wood. This is what they look like so far.

post-38210-0-45325700-1362337794_thumb.j

WOW! YOu are a Very Lucky guy!

That is sooo cool....

I was very happy with them. I only know what a few of the tools are for but going to take them to tandys to see what they say they are.

nice one, its great getting new toys

How would you like to double your money ???---------------------Bill

LOL Bill. had to try right? Probably could double my money for one tool from what I see on eBay.

You have some really nice tools there. Even slightly out of focus looks like some Gomphs and older Osbornes, along with some newer tools. There are several tools there that would individually double your money. One word of caution, that wood handled round end strap punch was never intended to be hit with anything. They are hand tools. They are sharpened to the point of being knife sharp and rocked back through the strap to cut it.

Bruce, thanks for the heads up on what some of the tools are.

I will make sure not to hit them with anything.

I avoided this post because barn finds always make me jealous - this just proves that I was right :)

I avoided this post because barn finds always make me jealous - this just proves that I was right :)

:rofl:

I say the following while full of both jealousy and envy... you lucky bastard!

I have heard that from the guys at Tandys out here too. They told me I don't know how lucky I was to get this stuff for so very cheap.

*(^#*&%*&%!^&$#(&^$!! Another one. Damn my rotten luck!

But congrats to you!

bastard

Gee, all I ever find in old barns is dead packrats and rusty broken tractor parts. What an incredible find.

I am happy my friend likes me enough to sell those to me so cheap. I told him about some prices I have seen for some of the tools and he said he knows they were worth something but glad he could help me out. Guess its time to make him a wallet and belt lol

LOL I would offer you ten times your money invested, but you would be a damn fool for taking it!

Good thing I am not a fool lol.

I have seen 5 items selling together for almost $450 on Ebay. I wouldnt sell them for anything less than they are worth, but I am not going to sell them at all.

SCORE!!!!!

O S---

I just have to , "DITTO", all the comments about a lucky find. Looks like you found the mother lode.

Like winning the lottery---lol

I guess I need to start lookin' for some barns to rummage through. Sweet find, and a GREAT friend.

Every time I drive by a barn now I always think "wonder if there is anything in there"? My wife just looks at me and laughs.

Mine does the same thing to me (not just for barns either). Most of the barns out here either have livestock in them or they are falling down. Oh well.

ja Heilandsack, das ist ja ein super Fund....Klasse was man da alles in einer Scheune finden kann...cool !!!!!!!!!!!