mrdabeetle

Medieval/renaissance/fantasy Pattern Pack

I would really like to a copy of your pattern's very much please my email is kndust64 at msn dot com

I also would love to get my hands on that medieval pattern pack.

It seems fileden has changed hands. When you try to get to the links it redirects you to cx, but not to the page with the pattern. I really love the patterns so far. Shown is a WIP pic of one piece I've done with these patterns, a full arm with gothic wing

post-32405-0-68809500-1383530804_thumb.j

This is another belt pouch pattern that I just threw together today. I have not added any stitching lines but I have added a seam allowance on the front panel piece. This pattern is intended for use with garment leather. If you use veg-tan tooling leather, make sure it is 2-3 oz or thinner for best results. As an option, you can omit the back and belt loop and duplicate the front panel and gusset and have a drawstring coin purse look.

Softpouch1.pdf

Softpouch2.pdf

I apologize for not being able to add more to this pack yet. Between festivals, holidays and life in general, I have been pretty busy trying to catch up with the world. Thanks everyone for your interest and support. I will try to work on the requested patterns as I have time.

This pouch is similar in appearance to the fairy pouch made by Fairysteps on etsy.com (shown below)

il_170x135.309929695.jpg

Edited by mrdabeetle

Wow, that sounds very interesting! Hard to belive that those are made of leather. I have made chainmail for over 20 years.

A pateern pack would be wonderful!

Bdunne the pattern pack is available on post #60 of this thread as a downloadable zip file. Scroll back to #60

I've tried to me the frog (the one with 2 parts and 3 straps) but I can't figure out how to assemble it :-( Maybe adding some construction notes on your future patterns would be good ? :-)

Tanks again for your hard work!!

Everytime I try to click on the links it takes me directly to this site: https://www.myflare.com/c/hotlinking.html any ideas

DISREGARD I FIGURED IT OUT

Edited by samsoncordwaining

I also would like the patterns. Thank you in advance

Count me in! I can always use new patterns and ideas. Thank you for your generosity.

Count me in! I can always use new patterns and ideas. Thank you for your generosity.

I downloaded your patterns, and while I haven't yet made anything from them, I am very much grateful to you for saving me the hours of headaches trying to pattern from scratch.

Kool add me to the list , I love to try new things . Keeps me interested in learning even at my age. Life is good. Gary

Okay, for the record, I tried all the packs and if they lead nowhere then they lead to cloud.com. Something is interfering with your patterns.

Okay, for the record, I tried all the packs and if they lead nowhere then they lead to cloud.com. Something is interfering with your patterns.

The link in the post above yours (118) links to another post. Go to it and use the download link to a compressed file there. Downloads an rar type compressed file.

Tom

I'm just finishing up the full suit patterns. I'll have them up tomorrow possibly.

The hardest part is determining if a beginner will understand what to do. I'm still unsure, so I'll answer any questions that members may have about the patterns. There are some parts where forming is optional. These parts will work either way, but they will look better when formed. There is very minimal forming required in these patterns. Mostly, the parts just wrap around the body and buckle.

My stepson's birthday is coming up and he's outgrown his old armor, so as I use these patterns to make his armor, I will post pictures here to help get a better idea of how they all come together and how you can modify them to make them unique.

I don't write leather instructions but often do instructions for other aspects of work, I always aim at the age of 8 - 10 years, with some technical stuff explained happy to read through and critique if that helps.

Apologies got over excited and saw this post wanted to help, lesson to self read all posts before quoting one mid way!! d'oh

Edited by Pip

Can't wait to see!! It's always interesting to find new armor patterns

Thanks!

Anyone know how this armor is supposed to go together?

bg9sup.jpg

Does this look right, or do I have it all wrong? The tassets are bigger as they go toward the bottom so I assume they should layer on the outside rather than the inside.

2emfy2r.jpg

The upper layers should always go outside of the lower layers. That way as a weapon (sword, axe, mace, etc) is swung it will not catch on the edges of the pieces. Weapon swings are almost all in a downward direction (overhand). Typically, only thrusts come up from underneath. Underhand swings are not a very natural movement, and because of the muscle groups used to execute, are weaker blows. They also leave the warrior more open to counter attack.

Actually, while that sounds logical it doesn't hold true when compared to original pieces. Faulds, the lower banded skirt seen on some armors, can be seen in original pieces to overlap both upwards and a downwards. The same can be said of articulated breastplates, tassets (hanging thigh armor) and cuises (non hanging thigh armor).

Do an image search for 14th or 15th century articulated breastplates, while a few will exhibit a downward overlap the vast majority will be seen to overlap with the upper edge exposed.

Also check out Brian Price's "Techniques of Medieval Armour Reproduction", it's a great reference which shows both originals and reproductions and gives some explinations as to why armors were built the way they were.