I know its kinda crude but I'm working oo it. Just need to practice more. Also need to work on my camera skills. This is left handed model. I'm thinking about doing it all black. Any thoughts on that?

Tom

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

post-6291-1219884643_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1219884675_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1219884700_thumb.jpg

It looks great..I vote NO to all black. Maybe outside all the work.

Tom,

I vote against black too. It will cover up all of your cool tooling! I just finished a belt at work today, acorns and oak leaves and looked at the order tag to find the customer wants it DARK brown, almost black. I was bummed out! all the details of tooling are not as visable, they are there but yiou have to look a long time to see. Oh well customers pay the bills!

Love the skulls, Try colors just for fun, you can always dye it BLACK lol!

Rick J. :deadsubject:

I just finished tooling a peice to practice the finish on. I'm gonna try a dark stain over white or natural skulls. If that dont work I'll something else. I think you guys are right about covering up my work. I'll just make a few practice things to try the finish on. Keep the comments coming. I need it.

Tom

Have you ever thought about "oxblood" dye, kind of a cool reddish color and actually a very popular color during the era of the 1851 colt and Slim Jim holster

Have you ever thought about "oxblood" dye, kind of a cool reddish color and actually a very popular color during the era of the 1851 colt and Slim Jim holster

What is oxblood? Can you but it at Tandy?

Tom

I know its kinda crude but I'm working oo it. Just need to practice more. Also need to work on my camera skills. This is left handed model. I'm thinking about doing it all black. Any thoughts on that?

Tom

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

I decided to go with a more traditional color. Brown, but it looks kinda red in the sunlight. Still have to finish the lace and clean the crud out of the corners and touchup the finish.

Tom

IMG_0004__7_.JPGIMG_0003__7_.JPG

post-6291-1220011708_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1220011749_thumb.jpg

Tom,

IT looks really great!! Good choice of colors, all the tooling shows, LOVE the skulls!!

Rick J. :yeah:

Looking cool Tom! I like your choices for color and design.

ArtS