As promised, here are the photos of the finished model 94 take-down case. This was built to the customer's specs (he wanted it flexible and easy to pack and store) but the next one I make will be in Veg Tan, not suede. Suede has a tendency to move around and stretch a little too much for my liking but it turned out relatively well. It's a two piece pouch, one for the barrel and the other for the stock and receiver. They are sewn and riveted to each other at the top so you can flip one case up to get to the bottom case. I also added an accessory pouch on the back side. It would have looked a lot better in veg tan I think and then I wouldn't have had to to a rolled edge border to cover up the seam.

Frank

post-8516-0-07575700-1365976638_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-93051800-1365976641_thumb.jp

Edited by Frank

:17:

that is a good looking case there

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Like I said, I'd prefer to do another one in veg tan to avoid doing the rolled edge but I was fairly happy with the way it turned out.

Nice job ! but i like the veg tan to and looking at your work it will be nice.

Thanks everyone. Just got word from the owner that he got it in the mail today and was extremely satisfied. He's sending more work my way next week.