I've been on a little hiatus with a sick family member and haven't had time to post. I just finished these up. I made a double shoulder rig for my Uncle. A big thanks goes out to Matt Alsaker for the thumb break stiffeners and Lobo for the over sized patterns. I was on a severe time constraint with this one as my Uncle did not like being without both of his CC pistols. This one was made out of horsehide.

The second is a chest style hunting rig for my cousin. He's a big dude and I could not get his size prior to making the rig. It's a little big but I will fit it to him in a couple weeks.

I also got a half saddlebag with holster pouch finished for a friend. The cantle piece was tapered on both sides and made longer. I attached a weighted pouch (counterweight) to it so it can be hung over a bench seat in the truck. The flap is also elongated to cover more of the holster pouch. The pouch will fit his single action revolvers and his 1911 style semi-autos. I messed up on one stamp in the left hand corner, under the flap. It bugged me to no end but he was tickled to death with the bag. The chestnut color leather really looks great with the copper toned hardware.

post-8516-0-25138400-1368079465_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-13128800-1368079472_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-09491300-1368079477_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-55399000-1368079495_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-33301500-1368079500_thumb.jp

Frank, . . . great work as usual, . . . personally I enjoy just seeing the patience others posess.

Your work is definitely a credit to your person. Thanks for sharing.

May God bless,

Dwight

Very nice work.

Fantastic. Bag really has "pop".

Your rigs always impress! Love the half saddle bag! Really makes my "plain" made Will Ghormley set look even more plain :). I was not about to try that carving he did on the cover of the pattern set. What is the trick to laying out that "T" shaped border tool? I bought one, but have not used it yet........................Rory

Thanks everyone. Rory, as far as starting that serpentine border, just measure the distance between the two that looks best to you and/or for the project size. I test out on scrap. Then always start on the inside corners and overlap the tool slightly. Run your entire line on the inside first, When you do the outside line, start the first impression between the 1st and 2nd impression on the inside line (in the middle) and then run your entire outside line. Afterward, go back and add one more impression to each of the outside corners. This will give that "wavy arrowhead" effect in the corners. See my mess up on the underside of the flap in the left corner of the photo. I wish I could explain it a bit better...maybe someone could help or I can post photos tomorrow. Those always seems self explanatory.

Frank

Thanks Frank. I don't want to hi-jack your thread or expect a tutorial :), but do you use a stitching groove as a guideline or scribe a light line? If with a stitching groove, do you set the portion of the tool that is parallel to the groove inside the groove, or on the outer "ledge" of the groove? Thanks..........Rory

No worries Rory. I included a tutorial. You should be able to find it. If anyone has anything to add to it, feel free.

That bag set up is a thing of beauty, nice work as always!

Thanks a lot. I really liked the way that it turned out....minus the flub.