Sign in to follow this  
jayjay

First Biker Vest

I picked up some nice 4/5 oz black pebble leather and decided I needed a new vest. This was the out come I still need to install the zipper and I'm done. I tooled the front panels and double looped laced it. The liner I had made it is my company logo.

post-16367-0-76885800-1380560403_thumb.j

post-16367-0-73349300-1380560404_thumb.j

post-16367-0-62688600-1380560405_thumb.j

Very cool Jayjay, Cheryl

I like it. The tooling at the top really sets it apart form every other vest out there

Thanks all. There a couple mistakes but no ones has noticed them but every time I look at it my eye goes right to it. It was a good learning project for sure. I think I might make another with left over leather.

SimpleSssmn [lkhccssl, ;lkmx;|]SXZ\,,,,,,,

I picked up some nice 4/5 oz black pebble leather and decided I needed a new vest. This was the out come I still need to install the zipper and I'm done. I tooled the front panels and double looped laced it. The liner I had made it is my company logo.

That's a nice vest !!! Simple and clean design that will look good 20 years from now too. Did you use the Tandy patterns?...I was gonna buy them few days ago but I wasn't sure if they are worth it

Overall it looks good. I'd work on tightening up that lace though so you don't have any daylight showing through. Think about how many times you grab the edge of it pulling it on and off. You want that to be nice and solid.

LeatherLegion

It was based off the Tandy pattern but I modified it some to get the biker style vest. It was a good starting point as I had no idea how to design a vest. I took the pattern to staples and had copies made so in case I screwed it up I still had pattern, then I transferred to poster board and made modifications.

Cyber thanks for the insight on the lacing. I was having issue with pulling tight as the leather was twisting, any suggestions on pulling lace tight on this type of leather?