mandyregal

Belt End Scraps---Ideas?

I have a lot of belt end scraps.

The pieces are mostly 1" to 2" wide and about a foot long.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with these to turn them into money besides making them into keychains?

Thanks

I do make a ton of fobs from such pieces, some fancy than others by adding end tips, eyelets, and different styles of embossed/patterned leather. Also great for bracelets, bookmarks, etc.

Even made some small strops from 2" wide pieces, mounted on wood as a backing and handle.

Hope this helps.

God Bless.

Ray

They would most likely make excellent bracelets!

Could also use them in knife sheaths to keep the blade from cutting the stitches. Just cut them into strips.

Unless the pieces have glue/stain on them I always throw my scraps into a large box and go there first for smaller items.

If you're looking for something a bit uncommon, belt loop clips would be easy to make out of those. A snap or rivet and a snap hook would be all the hardware needed.

bag handles punch holes for slots or??

post-26854-0-23396200-1383147187_thumb.j

How about hair barrettes? Or I've seen leather napkin rings. Might be able to make watch straps out of them too.

Bob

when making belts- I tale the cut off and tool it too. Put a tip on it and you have a really nice sample to tale to shows, Same pattern and finish job.

I made a carved bookmark for my aunt who is an avid reader, during her most recent visit. She thought it was the coolest thing she ever did see...