Itch

Holster Thumb Break Hardware ?

I am looking for the metal flat link that makes up the hardware for a thumb break. I have been using something that was plated but would like to find a supplier that offers more options such as size and maybe black powdercoat..Something along these lines. http://www.hipowersa...es/image004.jpg

High desert leather http://www.highdesertleather.com/id74.html seels them a 10 pack for $8.00 also Rob usually has some check the bluegunstore

You'd think any machine shop could blank these out for you -- it's just a piece of spring steel with a couple holes. MOST machine shops probably have some heavy shim stock - SAME thing. Keepin' in mind that lets you pick the size you want.

Other hand, if you got people sellin' em for like 40¢ (the 100 price) then unless you need a custom batch, I'd just order em there.

Guys Thank you so much..Found what I was looking for at the Bluegun store.

Unless you're blazing 'em out the door, hacksaw blades work well.

I ordered 100 1 1/4" in black and received them from The blue gun store very quickly Thanks for the great service.. They look good but I hope they dont rust as they stuck pretty good to the magnet..

I see they have TWO listings for the 100 pack -- one says stainless and one doesn't (black phospate finish). I assume that's your issue with the magnetism? So, while it doesn't SAY stainless, you might ask them over there. I dare say the folks using hacksaw blades are NOT using stainless.

Two things here, though. Being magnetic does not mean the metal is not stainless. There are THOUSANDS of stainless steel alloys, many of which are magnetic.

Some of the listings over there DO say "stainless". Now I'm wondering if these are stainless steel COMPOSITION or merely stainless COLOR.