This was an exercise in frustration but a great learning experience. The design was wrong for the stiffest of the faux alligator, which led to many changes as I went along. Also, I am learning the ins and outs of the new to me industrial machine. The stiffness of the leather meant a rethink of many things as it just couldn't behave the way fabric or a more drapy leather would have. I have never understood the need for a patcher as well as I did doing this. Many of the things I wanted to do I couldn't because the leather would not bend that way and my machine did not want to cooperate and sew sideways. :dunno: Also I did learn the need to glue everything, even if I didn't think it needed to be. Things shifted in unexpected ways. So, a great learning experience. I am stubborn enough I will use it anyway, warts and all. :rolleyes2:

post-26880-0-34286900-1387660598_thumb.j

Looks pretty great considering the problems it gave you. It is a learning experience sewing the first bag or purse on a machine.

Tom

It looks good to me, nice pattern and design.

Very nice, I recently learned the very same things :spoton:

Thanks Tom. It will take some new thinking in construction planning on my part for sure.

Thanks Tree Reaper. The design is sorta what I planned with many unscheduled changes along the way. Sure did teach me to pay closer attention to the attributes of the leather I want to use.

Wishful, it's a good thing I have sewn for years and also made cards for years. One thing I have learned is that you can salvage almost anything and with the price of leather, recovery was decidedly on the agenda. At least it didn't get to the point that it had to be relegated to the dreaded bin 13. lol