Andrew Chee

Pedal Reverse?

Hello all. I have a Pfaff 335 and a Consew 206RB. On each of these machines, the reverse is spring loaded so I have to hold on to the reverse lever when stitching reverse. I would like to have both hands free. Is there a reliable way to modify the reverse so that it either is not spring loaded (like a 441 clone) or use a pedal to set the reverse? Anyone done this? Thanks.

Andrew

hands free reverse, my consew 206 could use one too

If those have the push down lever attach a cable, drill a hole in the table for it to run through and add a foot pedal.

I have seen a long arm machine with a factory pedal reverse. Cannot remember what make though.

If those have the push down lever attach a cable, drill a hole in the table for it to run through and add a foot pedal.

I have seen a long arm machine with a factory pedal reverse. Cannot remember what make though.

That is exactly what I did to my 206. Works like a charm.

This is not a function of the base machine but related to motor control and solenoids within the machne head.

My consew 206 has a foot reverse. Basically, a wire connects to the foot pedal, then it runs around the back of the machine, and through a tube that sits on top and then around the reverse lever.

I have the cable off here, but you can see the homemade tube on top where the wire runs.

My machine you hold the lever up, not down for reverse, so the wire runs over the top of the machine and down the back through a tube. You can buy 1/4" or 3/8" tube in the plumbing section. Of the hardware store. You can also buy the high tensile wire as well to connect it to the pedal. The pedal can be constructed as simply as using a door hinge and a piece of wood.

20140830_140932_zpsvnsvvg9d.jpg

20140830_140920_zpsmxpg5ybo.jpg

Edited by Colt W Knight

I have the cable off here, but you can see the homemade tube on top where the wire runs.

My machine you hold the lever up, not down for reverse, so the wire runs over the top of the machine and down the back through a tube. You can buy 1/4" or 3/8" tube in the plumbing section. Of the hardware store. You can also buy the high tensile wire as well to connect it to the pedal. The pedal can be constructed as simply as using a door hinge and a piece of wood.

20140830_140932_zpsvnsvvg9d.jpg

20140830_140920_zpsmxpg5ybo.jpg

What's that thing that looks like an extra pulley on your sewing machine?

Andrew

I think you are talking about my bobbin winder. This is an old Consew 206RB-1, and doesn't have the fancy built in bobbin winders like a lot of machine. It is mounted externally to the table.

I think you are talking about my bobbin winder. This is an old Consew 206RB-1, and doesn't have the fancy built in bobbin winders like a lot of machine. It is mounted externally to the table.

I too noticed the shopmade handwheel pulley, which is a larger diameter than the stock one. It would reduce the RPMs to the head.

When backtacking a starting stitch, I've just been using my elbow to depress the reverse lever on the Juki LU-563's and the Consew 206RB5. It does free up both hands to guide the workpiece, but it feels kind of....awkward. I've been waiting for the right piece of PTO cable to connect mine up to a pedal as well.

-DC

<<<snip>>>My machine you hold the lever up, not down for reverse, so the wire runs over the top of the machine and down the back through a tube. You can buy 1/4" or 3/8" tube in the plumbing section. Of the hardware store. You can also buy the high tensile wire as well to connect it to the pedal. The pedal can be constructed as simply as using a door hinge and a piece of wood. <<<snip images>>>

Here my "el cheap-o" reverse solution. I just have a wooden dowel that I jam in when I need to sew in reverse. It lets me have both hands free to guide the material:

post-82-0-35954800-1410129421_thumb.jpg post-82-0-38611200-1410129435_thumb.jpg

Bob Stelmack