bwillielv

Buffalo

I am wanting to make some leather wallets out of buffalo. I haven't made wallets before but I really just want to try making something out of buffalo.

Anyway, I usually buy my leather from Springfield but it doesn't look like springfield has anything lighter than 4-5 ounce and only one color option. Anyone know of a good place to get buffalo leather?

Have you tried http://buffaloleatherstore.com/

Karina

Tandy occasionally has some very nice buffalo calf that is quite firm and smooth, about 2-21/2 oz.. I made some pinwheel coin purses out of it and no cracks on a 180 degree fold. It comes in medium brown and black. Gump.

Thank you for the information.

I meant bison. Seems like most of those places want you to buy a full side. Not sure if I want to do that just to experiment with the leather.

Have you called and talked to springfield Leather. THey have far more leather then what is online or in their catalog. The back room is huge floor to ceiling leather. Inn most cases they sell by the sq ft. Won't hurt to call and tell them what you are looking for.

I am actually making a trip down there next weekend. I may just wait until then to see what they have.

Thanks

Brian

When you get there tell them it is your first time there they will show you around and take you to the back room, you will be amazed at the amount and types of leather they have.

I second what camano ridge said. On my first visit I was given a tour and a free catalog. I could have spent all day browsing there!