Sign in to follow this  

leathergoods_008.jpg OK, finally got pics reduced! These are 3 of the cigar pouches I came up with. I tried to make the one look like old oak, and the badges on the others like wood also. I lined the inside with gold silk that looks OK I guess. Spanish cedar is what would be better for the cigars, but I havent come up with any that thin yet. Anyone have any suggestions how to improve anything? Thanks for looking!

post-6524-1223943703_thumb.jpg

Really nice!!! Well done.

Art

Those are really nice, I can't think of anything to say in the way of improving them!

Thoose look great!! I like the brown lacing on the darker ones but the wooden planks one is nict too with the contrast. I'm not sure on this but I was thinking that perhaps making the edge black on the wooden actually could lift the design a bit, maybe.

Cool design with the small wooden planks on the JWE one.

I'd like one of those to carry my cigars in.

Tom

Very nice! I like how you did the planking and the badges. The lettering looks great.

Crystal

Beautiful!!!!

Locknut,

The craftsmanship is outstanding! The only thing I would question is the loose lid. Note that I am NOT a cigar man, so I'm just talking from a logistics point of view, not a quality point of view. These are SHARP! If a loose lid is normal for this kind of product, then ignore my question!

The gold silk is certainly a beautiful touch. Could you slide some thin pieces of the cedar between the silk & the leather? That way you would help to isolate the cig's from the leather. Also, I have seen cigars in tubes with very thin cedar wraps around them. I'm not sure how that could be integrated into a leather holder, but there's my 10 cent cigar out on the table.

Seriously nice work though!

Brent

Thanks for all the nice comments. Tom, I just looked at your stuff and I'm really impressed, very cool! If you want one of these pouches, maybe we can do some trading? Busted, your right. A freind of mine is the local Harley dealer, and Opus x is all he smokes! He can afford it though. LOL $29.00 a stick! Howard, all I've ever seen, the lids have been not attached, so thats how I designed them. They have a nice snug fit though. I have some other stuff I'de like you guys to look at, if you would. I really value your opinion. I've only been doing this about a year. I'll get them on as soon as I can. Bags and such. Thanks again for the great comments, Leon