This is a scissor case that fits on a duty belt for a paramedic. It was fun to make, hope the skulls don't scare the patients.......

post-33081-0-40880200-1399346504_thumb.j

post-33081-0-34758500-1399346527_thumb.j

post-33081-0-37196700-1399346548_thumb.j

I forgot to mention that I would appreciate any tips for ways to keep my letters and numbers straighter. I always have issues with that.

Thanks in advance!

Nice idea and workmanship.

I forgot to mention that I would appreciate any tips for ways to keep my letters and numbers straighter. I always have issues with that.

Thanks in advance!

For my letters I made a jig.

Think of the table top paper cutters you see in offices or at FedEx-Kinkos. They have that little guide for the paper to slide under before it reaches the blade.

I took two pieces of wood with true straight edges on them, rigged them up so that the leather slided underneath and makes contact with my marble slab. The wood goes overtop with the letters I want sandwiched between loosely. So the wood just acts as a guide.

Hope that makes sense.

LOL!

You gotta be kidding! I am sure that the last thing an accident victim wants to see working on them is the "Paramedic from Hell" complete with skulls on his scissor case!!

Yup, that's what they ordered! :)

Thank you Von Tannin, your idea sounds like something I may be able to set up. Along with all of the other ideas in the "how do I do that forum" I should be able to get my lettering much neater.

As a paramedic myself, if they're concerned with how your scissor case looks, they usually aren't sick enough to need a paramedic... just sayin' lol Looks good, gonna have to try my hand at this for myself soon!