Hey folks !

Its been a while since posted any new items , ive been busy with getting married and moving in to a new apartment, and a few other things.

My dad has been on to me since last year to make him a wallet , kind of joking...... but i can take a hint ! I finally bit the bullet and made him one , Im going to send it to him for fathers day , (he is in Ireland)

The wallet is made form 2-3 oz leather for the cover

the same for the card slots but skived down to 1-2

Cash slot is lined with pig skin split. Might i add is an absolute bitch to sand in the edges when there is 2 layers of pig in the middle !

The veg tan is dyed with tandy eco flow dark brown antique, followed by a coat of neatsfoot oil, followed by about 3 light coats of satin shene. and a good bit of buffing between coats.

then i put it all together, stitched it , and sanded the edges before beveling and then on to burnishing which i did using the yellow saddle soap and my hand burnisher wrapped in denim. ( i really like the saddle soap for burnishing )

then i dyed the edges with dark brown pro oil dye, and sealed them with 3 light coats of resoline.

Over all i think it turned out pretty good.

Feel free to leave me your opinions good or bad , as i am still learning and i love the feed back !

Have a great day people and God bless !

post-49163-0-84410200-1401373287_thumb.j

post-49163-0-38372500-1401373288_thumb.j

post-49163-0-35958300-1401373289_thumb.j

post-49163-0-76436100-1401373289_thumb.j

post-49163-0-31355000-1401373290_thumb.j

post-49163-0-52262800-1401373331_thumb.j

post-49163-0-95787500-1401373331_thumb.j

Thank you very much !

wallet looks great and thanks for including your build info, will help others down the road

and Congrats on your marriage

It is very useful to see the stages , thats how i am constantly finding tips on new projects and if it answers a question for some one before they have to ask it , all the better ! I see you are from nova scotia Halitech .... beautiful place ! a couple of my friends rode there from toronto on their motorcycles 2 years ago

I was born in Ontario but I've been here most of my life. We are actually about to have our Apple Blossom Festival this weekend, hopefully the blossoms are out for it.

Leprachaun, First and foremost Congratulations on your Marriage,

As far as your Dad's new Fathers day billfold is concerned, Super great work. !!!

I especially like the yellow saddlesoap burnishing idea ! Looks very clean and smooth. I'll try that myself.

I liked the lil bit of extra leftover around the card pockets, looks nice, stronger somehow.

And lastly the brown stitching looks appropriately done. Really nice work !!!

I like it, and Im sure your Dad will be extremely happy to carry it, and be proud of it !!!