LeatherWerks

Weaver Leather Consignment Auction

I'm going to be in the area where the Weaver auction is taking place June 18 and 19. Has anyone ever attended this auction? Who are the people/companies that bring products to the auction? Is it good stuff or just left over stuff?

Steve

I guess nobody has ever attended this event. I guess it is a bit off the beaten path in Ohio, so probably not a big draw. Since I'll be in the area on the days the auction is on, I provide some coverage and photos of what I see and hear. Stay tuned.

Steve

I have been the last 4 years.. If you can stand the Heat you may find some treasures.... The wife and I really enjoy going and you never know what is going to be there..

I have never been so take that for what it is worth.I keep thinking I want to go, but something else always comes up. I know guys who go every year, and have bought me a fair amount of stuff out of there. The offerings range from big stitchers to bench machines to hand tools to leather. There are some bargains, some horsetrading, and some stuff goes higher than it should. Some stuff is really good and some is wore out #3 crap. A few things maybe have diluted it from what it used to be. This year there was another harness-makers auction already sold in Shipshewana, IN. Weavers is next up. The Harness Makers Get Together is someplace different every year and they have an auction. This year the Harness Makers is something like 15 miles away from Weavers and 3 or 4 weeks later. Some guys are thinking what normally might go to Weavers could end up at the Harness Makers instead so that might be a factor. Still, If I was in the area, I'd dang sure be there.

Its a great auction depending on what you are looking for. I have been the last two years and have picked up some treasures and good prices on odd color leather (pinks,greens,etc). The auction is two long days with the first day focusing on mainly leather. If your looking for something odd that most people are not looking for, you can get items at a steal, but you have to remember that almost everyone attending the auction is involved in the world of leather in one way or another, so the sought after items go for a premium. So if your going to make the trip make sure you have a lot of money to spend

I have been there and love it.... Plenty of hats there (Amish People) I have made a couple friends and love to talk to the ones that do more than harness work. I am a little craftsman and managed to spend over 600 dollars last time... would have spent more but was outbid. A few weeks later I saw the items on ebay and well they made a profit! I will be there both days again. It is a real interesting crowd. When they do the lines of equipment you better stand close to what you want to bid on because it is crowded. Bought some leather made a mistake on one. It goes so fast because there is so much...

I can't wait to see if there is anything I want

Lewis

I usually go, too busy last year, and way too busy this year! Leather moves fast and machines can get up there, or go for nothing! Amish tend to hold prices higher on the more desierable stuff, black harness leather, Adler 205's and bench equipment. Martina's does a first rate job on the running of the auction. They will charge you tax if you dont give them your Ein, or resale lic #

You never know what will be at the Auction.. I kind of stick out among the Amish...

IMG_0422_zpsf3d00d1a.jpg

Just got back from the Auction and had a wonderful time.Met some great folks and visited with some old friends.This year their was a lot of brown upholstery leather and natural leather. The tool and equipment auction always is pretty impressive with a range of stuff that is next to new as well as 75 years old..Sewing machines,rivet press,clickers,and of course always something that you are just not sure of.We did come home with some nice black and brown bridle leather for belts and then swung by Louisville

and picked up a bunch of Latigo..See ya there next year..

I always hand pick the leather that we buy,almost any where..

Thoroughbred Leather

177 N Wenzel St

Louisville, KY 40206

Neighborhood: Butchertown

(502) 315-0315